When you’re editing a post, open up the Categories tab and type in the name for your child category. Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories.
How do I create a category page in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
What are categories and subcategories?
Any category may contain (or “branch into”) subcategories, and it is possible for a category to be a subcategory of more than one “parent” category. (A is said to be a parent category of B when B is a subcategory of A.) There is one top-level category, Category:Contents. All other categories are found below this.
How do I list all products in WooCommerce?
How do I show all products in WooCommerce? Go to WooCommerce → Settings, select the Products tab, and then choose the Display option. For each of the Shop Page Display and Default Category Display options, select Show products.
How do I show product categories in WordPress homepage?
If you want to display product categories on your Shop page instead of just products, follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do I find categories in WordPress?
Adding a Category in WordPress
You can easily add a new category in WordPress when writing a post. In the Document panel on the right hand side, open up the Categories tab. Then, you can simply click the ‘Add New Category’ link to create your new category.
How do I export categories in WordPress?
- Log in to your WordPress account, click the “Tools” link on the Dashboard and then click the “Export” option in the drop-down list. …
- Click the “Posts” button to choose the option that includes your blog’s categories in the export.
How do I import categories in WordPress?
You can also import bulk categories into WordPress using the “Category Import” plugin.
- Log in to your WordPress administrator dashboard and click “Plugins” on the left side of the interface.
- Click “Add New” and type “category import” into the search box. …
- Click “Activate Plugin” and refresh the page.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do I create a category?
To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
What is sub category of general?
Forward caste (referred as General Class/General Category/Open Category) is a term used in India to denote castes whose members are on average ahead of other Indians economically and socially. … The lists are subject to change from time to time, dependent upon social, educational and economic factors.