First, you’ll need to install and activate the WordPress Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails plugin. Next, go to Appearance » Widgets page where you should see the ‘Recent Posts With Thumbnails’ widget. You need to add it to your sidebar or another widget-enabled area.
How do I get the latest posts to show on my WordPress homepage?
To add the widget:
- Login to your WordPress website.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area.
- Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
- Click Save to complete the changes.
29 апр. 2020 г.
How do I show thumbnails in WordPress posts?
Adding Post Thumbnail or Featured Image in WordPress
In the content editor, you’ll find the featured image tab in the right column. You need to click on the ‘Set Featured Image’ area, and this will bring up the WordPress media uploader popup.
How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to ‘Appereance’ => ‘Widgets’ and select ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
How do I show excerpts of posts in WordPress?
In the right-hand panel of the WordPress content editor, you should see the ‘Excerpt’ dropdown. Click the downward arrow next to it. It’ll expand to show the excerpt box. You can type your custom post excerpt here.
How do I get my blog posts to appear on homepage?
In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
How do I show posts from a specific category on a page in WordPress?
Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the ‘View’ link below a category.
How do I post a thumbnail?
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Select a video by clicking on its title or thumbnail.
- Under “Thumbnail”, select Upload thumbnail.
- Choose the file you’d like to use as your custom thumbnail.
- Select Save.
How do I get the post category thumbnail image in WordPress?
From your Dashboard, go to Setting -> Taxonomy Images. There you will see the lists of all the taxonomies we have on our site. Select the checkbox on the category, where you wish to display the thumbnail images.
How do I change the thumbnail on my WordPress site?
To set your Featured Image, scroll down in your page or post underneath the Publish button. There you’ll see a link that says Set featured image. Clicking it will bring you to your media library where you can either upload something new or choose an image you already have on your website.
How do I use Display posts plugin?
The simplest way to query and display content in WordPress. Add the [display-posts] shortcode in a post or page. Use the query parameters to filter the results by tag, category, post type, and more. You can customize the output using the display parameters, or use a template part to match your theme exactly.
How do I show Grid posts in WordPress?
How to display your WordPress posts in a grid layout
- Navigate to Appearance -> Customize in your admin panel. Open the Blog page. You will see new tab Blog settings, open it.
- Then open tab Blog to manage the layout settings of blog page. Select Grid layout and number of columns.
- Save changes when you are done and check your Blog page.
14 мар. 2018 г.
How do I find post details in WordPress?
php $post = get_post($id); //assuming $id has been initialized setup_postdata($post); // display the post here the_title(); the_excerpt(); the_post_thumbnail(); wp_reset_postdata(); ?>
What is the Read More tag in WordPress?
The Read More tag in WordPress comes in really handy to help clean up your homepage. Tired of showing full articles on your WordPress blog’s index page? The Read More tag allows you to show a short summary of your posts.
What is an excerpt example?
The definition of an excerpt is a quote from a book or film. An example of excerpt is a passage from a novel. … A passage or segment taken from a longer work, such as a literary or musical composition, a document, or a film.