WordPress comes with a built-in default widget to display recent posts in your site’s sidebar or any widget ready area. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar.
How do I view posts list in WordPress?
Login to your WordPress Admin menu, go to Plugins, and activate it. Start using the ‘[catlist]` shortcode in your posts and/or pages. You can find the List Category Posts widget in the Appearence > Widgets section on your WordPress Dashboard.
How do I show recent posts from a specific category in WordPress?
Simply go to the Appearance » Widgets page and add a ‘Text’ widget to your sidebar. You can now paste your shortcode [categoryposts] to the widget’s text area. Don’t forget to click on the save button to store your widget settings. You can now visit your website to see your recent posts by category widget in action.
How do I customize the recent post widget in WordPress?
Widgets »Recent Posts Widget
- Going to My Sites → Design → Customize → Widgets.
- Select a widget area.
- Click Add Items.
- Search for “Recent Posts Widget” and click on it to add it to your widget area.
Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
Specify the page for posts in WordPress
The problem is most likely that you haven’t configured the Page for Posts setting in WordPress→Settings→Reading correctly: So the easiest solution is simply to specify your Posts page. If you haven’t an empty page at hand, just create a new one.
How do I make all my posts appear on one page in WordPress?
First you will need to create a custom page template and copy the styling from your page. php file. After that, you will use a loop below to display all posts in one page. $wpb_all_query = new WP_Query( array ( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’ , ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’ , ‘posts_per_page’ =>-1)); ?>
How do I get pages to show posts from certain categories?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I show category posts in WordPress?
Create a file template-category. php in your active theme’s directory and add the below comment at the top of a file. Next, go to your WordPress dashboard, create your page where you want to display posts. Assign the above template to this newly created page.
How do I see all categories in WordPress?
$args = array( ‘style’ => ‘none’ ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I get recent posts to show thumbnails in WordPress?
First, you’ll need to install and activate the WordPress Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails plugin. Next, go to Appearance » Widgets page where you should see the ‘Recent Posts With Thumbnails’ widget. You need to add it to your sidebar or another widget-enabled area.
How do I show recent posts on a static page in WordPress?
To start, simply log in to your WordPress dashboard and click Appearance > Widgets. Drag and drop the widget labeled “Recent Posts” into your sidebar.
How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to ‘Appereance’ => ‘Widgets’ and select ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
How do I organize my WordPress blog posts?
Here’s what you can do to better organize your WordPress:
- Site Structure. The Menu is as good a place as any to start tidying up your WordPress. …
- Review Categories and Tags. …
- Create Internal Links In Your Blog Posts. …
- Check for Broken Links. …
- Clean up the Database.
24 авг. 2017 г.
How do I add a post to a page in WordPress?
How To Create A Dedicated Posts Page (In 3 Easy Steps)
- Step 1: Create Your Pages. To get started, navigate to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Adjust Your Home Page Settings. Next, you’ll want to tell WordPress what your home page should be. …
- Step 3: Add Your Pages To a Menu.