As for how to combine the JS files, this can simply be done by copy / pasting the code from one file into another. For example, once the code from FileA has been copied to FileB, FileA can be removed along with the call for this file within the HTML document.
You should put your JS code in a separate file because this makes it easier to test and develop. The question of how you serve the code is a different matter. Serving the HTML and the JS separately has the advantage that a client can cache the JS.
Edit: To answer further No, there are no limits on the number of files, but most browsers can only have 2 connections (for a site) to a web server at any one time and thus will load your js 2 files at a time.
Which is a best practice for working with WordPress CSS?
Design Best Practices
- Use tab to indent rather than spaces.
- Two lines between sections of CSS.
- Selectors should be listed on their own line, ending in a comma or brace.
- Name selectors using lowercase words separated by a hyphen.
- Use hex codes for colors of properties.
- Properties should be followed by a colon and a space.
29 сент. 2020 г.
How do I combine HTML and CSS?
This tool should help. Use <style type=”text/css”></style> in your header tag to merge the css and html into one file. Then paste your css in between the style tags.
To link a CSS file with your HTML file, you have to write the next script on your HTML file inside the head tag. To link a Js file with your HTML, you only have to add the source of the script inside the body tag or outside; it doesn’t matter.
How do you call a CSS file in WordPress?
Open up a text editor, create a new text file, save it as “custom. css” and upload it into a css folder in your active WordPress theme’s folder (i.e. /wp-content/themes/theme/css/) via FTP. Download the functions. php file in your active WordPress theme’s folder (i.e. /wp-content/themes/theme/) via FTP.
How do I create a custom CSS in WordPress?
To add CSS to WordPress, you just need to:
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize in your WordPress dashboard to open the WordPress Customizer.
- Select the Additional CSS option from the menu on the left in the WordPress Customizer interface:
4 окт. 2018 г.
How do I open a file in WordPress?
Access the theme editor from the Administration Screens > Appearance > Editor menu. The plugin editor is located at Administration Screens > Plugins > Editor. You can view a file in either of these editors by accessing it from the right hand sidebar navigation.