To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
How do I add categories and subcategories in WordPress?
Adding a Child Category (Sub Category) in WordPress
When you’re editing a post, open up the Categories tab and type in the name for your child category. Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories.
How do I add a parent category in WordPress?
To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the name for your child category, adding the description and slug are optional.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
What’s the difference between tags and categories in WordPress?
What’s the Difference Between Categories and Tags? Categories are meant for broad grouping of your posts. Think of these as general topics or the table of contents for your WordPress site. … Tags are meant to describe specific details of your posts.
How do you add a sidebar in WordPress?
How to create a custom WordPress sidebar (in 2 steps)
- Step 1: Create your first custom WordPress sidebar. Once the plugin is up and running, you’ll find an option that reads Create a new sidebar under Appearance > Widgets on your dashboard. …
- Step 2: Specify the location for your new sidebar.
8 июн. 2020 г.
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. … An example of category is food that is made from grains.
Is it possible to add and manage multilevel categories in WordPress?
Make Use of WordPress Multilevel Categories!
You can add new categories and sub-categories in both posts’ edit screen and the Categories page. Not only can you edit and delete the categories but you are also able to password protect multilevel categories.
How do I add a category?
To add a category, login to your WordPress admin dashboard and go to Posts > Categories. Provide the new category name, slug, description and choose a parent item. Click Add Category. To delete an existing category, hover over it and then click Delete.
How do I add a menu item in WordPress?
To add one of these menu items:
- Click the + Add Items button.
- Choose a menu item type from the list. For example Pages.
- Select one of the options displayed for that type. …
- Add more items to your Custom Menu by clicking the plus next to each item.
- Click Save Changes to save your changes.