How do I add a left menu in WordPress?
How to add a menu to a sidebar
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets.
- Find “Custom Menu” widget from the left side.
- Drag and drop it to the right side to any widget-ready area you have (like a sidebar)
- Choose a name.
- Select a menu you previously created.
- Click on “Save” button.
23 дек. 2020 г.
How do I use Sidebar in WordPress?
Go to Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens. Choose a Widget and either drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear, or click the widget, (select a destination sidebar if your theme has more than one) and click the Add Widget button.
How do I customize a menu in WordPress?
To customize the default menu of your website, you have to enter the WordPress dashboard, click on Appearance and then on Menus. The first thing you need to do is to give the menu a name, and then click the Create Menu button. After creating it, you may start adding your menu items.
What is the main sidebar in WordPress?
The WordPress.com sidebar is a column provided by your chosen theme where you can display information other than your main content. Most themes usually provide at least one sidebar either to the left or to the right of the main content.
How do I add a new widget?
Add a widget
- On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Widgets .
- Touch and hold a widget. You’ll get images of your Home screens.
- Slide the widget to where you want it. Lift your finger.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I edit the content of the sidebar in WordPress?
You can edit the content of the sidebar in Appearance> Widgets. You can create new sidebars in Theme Options> Misc Settings.
How do I add categories to my WordPress sidebar?
In the WordPress sidebar, hover over Appearance and select Widgets from the pop-out contextual menu. Drag and drop the Categories widget from the list of Available Widgets on the left side of the screen into a location on the right side of the screen, such as Default Sidebar.