On the profile edit screen, you need to scroll down to ‘Contact Info’ section. From here you can add links to the author’s social media profiles. The plugin will only show icons for social networks where you enter a URL. After that, you can scroll down to the ‘Biographical Info’ section to add the author’s bio.
How do I add a box in WordPress?
Start editing the page where you want the icons to appear with the Advanced WP Columns button. Select the number of columns you want on the page, then add some text to help you see where each column is and hit the add columns button. You would want to then hit add icon, select the icon, and click the insert button.
What is an author box?
What is an “Author Box” you ask? It’s a box at the bottom of your blog posts that gives some biographical information about you, the author, of your WordPress website. It’s like having an “About Us” on every blog post, or page you publish on your website.
How do I add an author image in WordPress?
On the edit user screen, scroll down to the bottom, and you will see the Avatar section. You can click on the ‘Choose Image’ button to upload the user photo. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Update profile’ button to save your changes.
How do I find the author profile in WordPress?
Head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add [WPUM] Login Form widget to a sidebar. You can now visit your website to see the author profile page in action. As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page.
How do you add shapes in WordPress?
Place your cursor where you want the image of the basic shape to appear and click the Add Media button. Then navigate through the uploader screen to insert the image. Here is more detail. You can’t insert a shape in WordPress like you do in Microsoft Word (or any other Document processor).
How do you add icons to WordPress?
Go back to Admin Dashboard and got o Appearance from the left menu and click on Menus. In the new screen, click on Screen option on the top right corner and then check the checkbox ‘Display CSS Classes in Menu Items’ for the menus where you want to add icons to WordPress custom menus without plugins.
How do I change the author in WordPress?
To change the author of an existing post, go to your admin area > Posts. Click on Quick Edit > Author and from the drop-down menu choose the new author and click on Update.
How do I hide the author of a WordPress post?
After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
How do I change my picture on WordPress?
Replace an Image
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Once logged into WordPress click on Pages from the left side menu.
- Click on the name of the page that you want to change the image on. This will open the Page Editor.
- Click on the image you wish to replace. …
- Click on the Replace button below the image preview.
13 окт. 2020 г.
How do I optimize my WordPress site?
WordPress Performance Optimization Best Practices
- Keep Your WordPress Site Updated.
- Optimize Background Processes.
- Use Excerpts on Homepage and Archives.
- Split Comments into Pages.
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Don’t Upload Audio/Video Files Directly to WordPress.
- Use a Theme Optimized For Speed.
- Use Faster Plugins.
4 янв. 2021 г.
How do you use Gravatar?
Here are the steps to set up your Gravatar:
- Go to the Gravatar website.
- Click on the big, blue “Create Your Own Gravatar” button.
- Either create a new WordPress.com account or sign in with the one you have already set up. …
- Add a new email address and then upload the photo of your choice. …
- That’s it!
27 дек. 2018 г.
Is WordPress an author page?
In WordPress, the term author refers to a predefined user role. … This is usually done through the built-in author archive pages which displays a list of all posts written by them. Some sites even display a list of authors with photos on their sidebar or their about page.
How do I create a custom profile in WordPress?
Publish Custom User Profile Page in WordPress
Go to Pages from your WordPress dashboard. Then click on “Add New” to create a new page where custom user profile page will appear. You are now on the screen with “Add New Page” as the heading. Give a unique title to your new page.
How do I create a profile in WordPress?
- Upload the profile-builder folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a new page and use one of the shortcodes available. Publish the page and you’re done!