First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page.
How do I change the homepage meta in WordPress?
Set Static Home Page Meta
- In the WordPress Dashboard click All in One SEO, then General Settings.
- Scroll down to the Home Page Settings section and click the enabled option next to Use Static Front Page Instead.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update Options link to save your homepage meta information.
30 сент. 2020 г.
How do I add a meta description to my homepage?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description. …
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential. …
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
How do I add meta title and description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I add meta data to WordPress?
Method 1: Using the Yoast SEO Plugin
- Step 1: Install the Yoast SEO Plugin. To start adding meta tags to your content, you’ll first need to download the Yoast SEO plugin. …
- Step 2: Add Meta Data to Your Posts and Pages. …
- Step 3: Save or Publish the Post or Page.
13 апр. 2020 г.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
How do I change the page title tag in WordPress?
To modify the title tag of your index page, log in to the WordPress admin area and go to Settings > General. On this page, edit the Site Title field and save the changes.
What is a homepage meta description?
A meta description is meta tag that acts as a 155-160 characters summary that describes the content of a web page. … Unlike the page title, meta descriptions are not a ranking factor, but they do entice users to click through to a page and are part of effective on page SEO.
How do I find meta description?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
What does a meta tag look like?
A meta description tag should generally inform and interest users with a short, relevant summary of what a particular page is about. They are like a pitch that convinces the user that the page is exactly what they’re looking for. Meta descriptions, however, are not a direct ranking factor.
How do you add meta title?
Length: Title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces. Keyword placement: Your most important keywords need to be first in your title tag, with your least important words coming last. Brand name: If your company name is not part of the important keyword phrases, put it at the end of the title tag.
What are meta keywords in WordPress?
Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code. They don’t appear on your page or post for visitors to see. However, search engines and browsers can use them.
What is meta data in WordPress?
In WordPress, metadata is information about your posts, pages, users, comments, and other items on your site. For example, a post’s metadata would include information like the author, the publish date, the category and tags, and more.
How do I add META tags to my WordPress head?
From your WordPress admin dashboard click on Appearance > Theme Editor.
- You want to locate the Theme Header file and open that up. …
- You will enter meta tags in the head tag of the header. …
- Once the plugin has been installed and activated, you have a few options.