Simply head over to the posts screen and select the posts you want to archive. Next, from the bulk actions drop down menu select Edit and click the apply button. WordPress will show you the bulk edit options for the selected posts. Under the status option, choose Archived and click the update button.
What is the use of archive page in WordPress?
Archive pages are generated to organize a list of posts under a specific post type, category, or tag. For example, a blog is a great illustration of the WordPress archive page. Archives are also available for the custom post type.
Can you hide a page on WordPress?
Hide from the Pages Widget
If you are using the Pages widget and want to hide some of the pages from appearing in the sidebar list, you can do so with the Exclude option.
How do you create an archive?
Create a new archive
- Select Archive Manager ▸ New Archive.
- Name your new archive file and choose the location where it will be saved, then click Create to continue. …
- Add the desired files and folders to your archive by pressing + in the toolbar button. …
- Once you finish adding files, the archive is ready; you do not need to save it.
What is a blog archive?
Blog archives are the heart and history of your blog. While your recent blog posts appear on your blog’s home page, your older posts are harder to find. Thanks to the archiving feature in most blogging applications, your older posts can be found online at any time in the future.
What is archive in WordPress theme?
When you are building a WordPress Theme, you have the option of adding a file named archive. php to your theme. … Now as a refresher, an archive page in WordPress is referring to a collection of posts grouped by category, author, date, tag, etc.
How do I get rid of archive pages in WordPress?
The smart Archive Page Remove Plugin adds an item ‘Archive Pages’ in the ‘Settings’ section of your WordPress Admin. Here you can select which Archive Pages you want to remove. Removed Archive Pages are no longer accessible and cause a 404 page not found error. They can be restored anytime.
How do I show page titles in WordPress?
On the General tab, navigate to the Default Page Heading section. To display the WordPress page title, set Show to Yes.
How do I add a hidden page in WordPress?
If you’re not on the most recent version of WordPress, you’ll just see Search Exclude in the right sidebar.
- Next, scroll down until you see an option that says “Search Exclude.”
- Click on that box and check the box to exclude that page from all on-site search results.
- And that’s it!
8 февр. 2019 г.
What is a private page on WordPress?
A WordPress private page and posts are not visible to the public. In other words, visitors can’t see the content even if they know the URL. It is only available for authorized users who are logged in to the Dashboard. This might seem contradictory to WordPress’ core function – content publication.
How do I open archive files?
- Open Outlook and navigate to. the File menu.
- Click the Open & Export option.
- Click on Open Outlook Data.
- Navigate to where the archive file (.pst) is saved.
- Click on the archive file (.pst) and select the Open.
- Right click the Archives folder.
- Select Close “Archives”
- Open Outlook and navigate to. the File menu.
How do archives work?
An archive is an accumulation of historical records – in any media – or the physical facility in which they are located. Archives contain primary source documents that have accumulated over the course of an individual or organization’s lifetime, and are kept to show the function of that person or organization.
How do I create an archive folder?
Method 1 of 2: Archive Folders in Windows
- Open the folder you want to archive. …
- Click “Organize” on the top menu bar then click Properties.
- Click “advanced.”
- Click “folder is ready for archiving.”
- Click “compress contents to save disk space.” (This step isn’t required to archive the folder, but it is advisable.)
How can I promote my blog for free?
How to Increase Blog Traffic for Free
- Patience is the key.
- Optimize your blog for SEO.
- Publish Quality Content.
- Publish Frequently.
- Promote your Content in the Social World.
- Do your Keyword Research.
- Craft Titles That Can Get You Rankings And Traffic.
- Do Some Guest Posting.
Where can i post my blog for free?
- Medium. Medium is an online publishing platform where you can post your blogs. …
- Pocket. Pocket is a social bookmarking site where users can save blogs, videos, or stories from any publication or webpage. …
- Quuu Promote. …
- Pinterest. …
- YouTube. …
- Instagram. …
- 7. Facebook Groups. …
What do you call a person who writes blogs?
Bloggers (a word for people who write on blogs) often write about their opinions and thoughts. A blog containing video material is called a video blog or video log, usually shortened to vlog.