How do I edit a drop down menu in WordPress?
Simply select the menu you would like to edit from the Select a menu to edit dropdown list and then click the Select button. The menu items for your selected menu will then be displayed. The items in this right-hand column on the Menus page will match the menu items that appear on your website.
How do I change menu icons in WordPress?
Upon activation, you need to visit Appearance » Menus page. From here, you can click on any menu item in the in the right column to expand it. You’ll see the ‘Menu image’ and ‘Image on hover’ buttons in settings for each item. Using these buttons, you can select or upload the menu image icon you want to use.
Why does my WordPress menu look different?
The change you’re seeing is a result of the dramatic WordPress update in version 5.0 which rolled out in December 2018. It’s not a change that is of much use for websites that have already been built using the Classic editor or another type of page editing plugin.
How do I add content to my menu in WordPress?
You can easily add categories to your menu by clicking the Categories tab on the left side of the Menus screen. You may also need to click the ‘View All’ tab to see all your categories. Simply select the categories you want to add to the menu, and then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button.
How do I change the menu color in WordPress?
To change your menu’s background color, click My Sites > Personalize > Customize. Once the Customizer screen loads, click CSS. Right-click on your navigation menu and choose Inspect. An Inspector panel will appear at the bottom of your screen, where you can view your website’s underlying code.
How do I put icons in my navigation bar?
First, navigate to Appearance > Menus and open your menu we’re adding the icons to. Inside your menu, you’ll see your menu items. If you expand the menu item you wish to add the icon to by clicking the down arrow, you’ll see some fields appear. In the Navigation Label field, we can add our icon HTML.
How do I change my icon on WordPress?
You can upload a custom site icon by going to My Site → Settings, and in the General tab, click on the Change button:
- Your Media Library will be shown. …
- Next, because a Site Icon should be square, you’ll be prompted to optionally crop the image to your liking.
How do I add icons to menu in WordPress?
- After the plugin is activated, go to Appearance > Menus to edit your menus.
- Enable/Disable icon types in “Menu Icons Settings” meta box.
- Set default settings for current nav menu; these settings will be inherited by the newly added menu items.
- Select icon by clicking on the “Select icon” link.
- Save the menu.
Why can’t I see my menu in WordPress?
To edit the menu, you need to go to the Customizer. Click on My Sites, then click the Customize button next to Themes. Click on Menus ->Main Menu. That’s the menu that’s currently active on your site.
How do I change the size of my menu in WordPress?
Max Mega Menu Documentation
- Log in to WordPress then go to Appearance > Menus. Hover over the parent item of your sub menu. …
- Go to the “Styling” tab and scroll down to the “Sub Menu – Width” option. Set the value to your desired sub menu width then scroll down and click “Save changes”.
- End Result.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard. Go to Appearance > Header. Please note that some themes don’t have the header option so you’ll have to go to Appearance > Theme Editor > Header and modify the header PHP files. Then, go to the Header Image section and click Add New Image.
How do I add posts to the menu tab in WordPress?
If you cannot see the Posts tab there, then you need to add it by clicking on the Screen Options button at the top right corner of the screen. Once the Post box appears, you need to expand it to select the specific posts that you want to add to your navigation menu and click on the Add to Menu button.