Simply head over to the Settings » Edit Author Slug page. Here you will see an option to change the author base and even choose different author base for users with different user roles. Once you are finished, click on the save changes button to store your settings.
How do I change the author on WordPress?
To change the author of an existing post, go to your admin area > Posts. Click on Quick Edit > Author and from the drop-down menu choose the new author and click on Update.
How do you change the URL on WordPress?
Change WordPress URL: How to do it without messing up
- Login to WordPress.
- Open the existing page or create a new page.
- Enter a Title if necessary.
- Save the page, this will automatically create a URL.
- Look directly under the title field, you will see Permalink: followed by the URL.
- Click the Edit button behind the link.
- Type in the new URL and click OK.
- Save the page or post.
2 янв. 2019 г.
How do I create a URL alias in WordPress?
Go to Posts » Categories page and click on the edit link below the category that you want to change. On the category details page, you’ll find the option to create a custom permalink for that particular category. You can even create a URL without the category base prefix.
Where is the author page in WordPress?
As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page. The sidebar widget will show a login form to logged out users. If you allow users to register on your website, then the form will also include a link to sign up.
How do I hide authors in WordPress?
After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
How do I change a URL link?
If you just want to format existing text into a hyperlink:
- Select the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink, and right-click it.
- On the shortcut menu, click Hyperlink.
- In the Insert Hyperlink dialog, paste the link in the Address box and click OK.
How do I create a URL?
Create a short URL
- Visit the Google URL shortener site at goo.gl.
- If you aren’t signed in, click the Sign in button in the top right corner.
- Write or paste your URL in the Paste your long URL here box.
- Click Shorten URL.
How do I create a custom URL?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings in the top right menu.
- Click “Advanced”
- Select “Add a custom short domain”.
- Type your domain, then add.
- You’ll be taken to the verification screen. Follow the steps to verify your ownership of the domain.
6 окт. 2017 г.
How do I change my WordPress logo URL?
Depending on your theme, they way that your URL is generated may be different. Access your header. php file from Appearance > Edit in the admin panel, and search for the line containing the logo. There, you can change it to whatever you want.
Is WordPress an author page?
In WordPress, the term author refers to a predefined user role. … This is usually done through the built-in author archive pages which displays a list of all posts written by them. Some sites even display a list of authors with photos on their sidebar or their about page.
How do I create an author page in WordPress?
If you’re already using Pressbooks for your book, you have the skills you need to create an author website this way.
- Step 1: Go to WordPress.com. …
- Step 2: Choose a Theme. …
- Step 3: Go to the WP-Admin Screen. …
- Step 4: Create the Main Pages. …
- Step 5: Set Up Sidebar Widgets. …
- Step 6: Customize Your Theme. …
- Step 7: Specify Some Settings.
How do I create a profile page in WordPress?
Publish Custom User Profile Page in WordPress
Go to Pages from your WordPress dashboard. Then click on “Add New” to create a new page where custom user profile page will appear. You are now on the screen with “Add New Page” as the heading. Give a unique title to your new page.