Now look at the meta boxes below the publish button on the right hand side of your screen. You should see a meta box called Page Attributes. Click on the drop down menu below Template and choose Archive as your page template. Save and Publish the page.
How do I create a custom archive page in WordPress?
Creating an archive page
Go to your WordPress dashboard and Pages >> Add New. Name your archive page anything and in right side you can find option to select page template. Choose “Archives” template and hit publish.
What is the use of archive page in WordPress?
Archive pages are generated to organize a list of posts under a specific post type, category, or tag. For example, a blog is a great illustration of the WordPress archive page. Archives are also available for the custom post type.
How do you create an archive?
Create a new archive
- Select Archive Manager ▸ New Archive.
- Name your new archive file and choose the location where it will be saved, then click Create to continue. …
- Add the desired files and folders to your archive by pressing + in the toolbar button. …
- Once you finish adding files, the archive is ready; you do not need to save it.
What is a blog archive page?
The Blog Archive pages are automatically generated from the Categories, Tags, and other meta information that you enter into your individual blog posts. … If you click on one of these categories or tags, you will be taken to an archive page, filtered to that category or tag.
How do I create a custom post type archive page?
First thing you need to make sure is that your custom post type has archive enabled in the code. To do this, you need to go to your custom post type code (can be found in your theme’s functions. php file or site-specific plugin file). You need to make sure that you have has_archive argument set to be true.
Is WordPress a page archive?
An “archives” page is simply a custom Page template, which applies to a static Page. The is_archive() conditional returns true if an archive index is being displayed. An archive index page displays Posts, not static Pages.
What is archive in WordPress theme?
When you are building a WordPress Theme, you have the option of adding a file named archive. php to your theme. … Now as a refresher, an archive page in WordPress is referring to a collection of posts grouped by category, author, date, tag, etc.
How do I get rid of archive pages in WordPress?
The smart Archive Page Remove Plugin adds an item ‘Archive Pages’ in the ‘Settings’ section of your WordPress Admin. Here you can select which Archive Pages you want to remove. Removed Archive Pages are no longer accessible and cause a 404 page not found error. They can be restored anytime.
How do I create a category page in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I create an archive folder?
Method 1 of 2: Archive Folders in Windows
- Open the folder you want to archive. …
- Click “Organize” on the top menu bar then click Properties.
- Click “advanced.”
- Click “folder is ready for archiving.”
- Click “compress contents to save disk space.” (This step isn’t required to archive the folder, but it is advisable.)
How do archives work?
An archive is an accumulation of historical records – in any media – or the physical facility in which they are located. Archives contain primary source documents that have accumulated over the course of an individual or organization’s lifetime, and are kept to show the function of that person or organization.
What is the purpose of archiving?
The point of archiving is to give you a central location to store mails that you no longer need direct access to. It also ensures your inbox is kept clean and attachments and other files are kept safe.
How can I promote my blog for free?
How to Increase Blog Traffic for Free
- Patience is the key.
- Optimize your blog for SEO.
- Publish Quality Content.
- Publish Frequently.
- Promote your Content in the Social World.
- Do your Keyword Research.
- Craft Titles That Can Get You Rankings And Traffic.
- Do Some Guest Posting.
Where can i post my blog for free?
- Medium. Medium is an online publishing platform where you can post your blogs. …
- Pocket. Pocket is a social bookmarking site where users can save blogs, videos, or stories from any publication or webpage. …
- Quuu Promote. …
- Pinterest. …
- YouTube. …
- Instagram. …
- 7. Facebook Groups. …
What is the front page of a blog called?
A static front page, also known as a “splash page” or “custom homepage,” can feature whatever you want. It might include headlines, images, or text blurbs that encourage your audience to further connect with your site. The WordPress.com default is to place your blog on the front page.