Log into your WordPress website, go to ‘Appearance’ and click on ‘Menus’ in the left side menu. Click on ‘Select a menu to edit’ and choose the menu you want to change. Click on ‘Select’ and the menu will start loading.
How do I change the menu appearance in WordPress?
Head over to Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin and click on the Screen Options button. Once you have checked that box, you will see that an additional field is added when you go to edit each individual menu item. Now you can use this CSS class in your stylesheet to add your custom CSS.
How do I add a custom menu icon in WordPress?
After activating the plugin on your site, go to the Appearance menu > Menus. You’ll see an additional text line “Icon: Select” in each item editing tab. Press Select, then a popup appears and allows you to choose icons as well as configure the size, position, and other options. Then, press Select and save the menu.
How do I add categories to my menu bar in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I add content to my menu in WordPress?
You can easily add categories to your menu by clicking the Categories tab on the left side of the Menus screen. You may also need to click the ‘View All’ tab to see all your categories. Simply select the categories you want to add to the menu, and then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button.
How do I change the color of the menu bar in WordPress?
Style a single menu item
Navigate to the Customize section, click Menus, and then click on the cogwheel icon and check the box next to CSS Classes. Publish the changes and then select the menu that you’re styling. Click the menu item you want to style and, in the CSS Class, enter a short name like “. custom” or “.
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Steps to Change the Header Image
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance in the menu, then click on Header. …
- You will see that the screen jumps to the Customize option for the theme. …
- When you have selected an image you will be taken to the Crop Header Image page.
23 июл. 2020 г.
How do I add icons to my WordPress theme?
How to add menu icons to your theme
- Download and activate the Menu Icons plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-icons/
- Go to Admin Dashboard->Appearance->Menus and to the bottom left expand the “Menu Icons Settings” tab, ensure Font Awesome is checked then click Save Changes.
- Add a Custom Link to the menu with a link to your desired social network:
10 дек. 2020 г.
How do I add icons to the navigation bar?
First, navigate to Appearance > Menus and open your menu we’re adding the icons to. Inside your menu, you’ll see your menu items. If you expand the menu item you wish to add the icon to by clicking the down arrow, you’ll see some fields appear. In the Navigation Label field, we can add our icon HTML.
How do I upload custom icons to WordPress?
Method 1: Uploading Custom Icons
This method is fairly straightforward and is the exact same as uploading media to your WordPress site. You’ll first want to click on the ‘Add or Upload Icon’ button in the ‘Image Icon’ section. Next, click on the ‘Upload Files’ tab and click the ‘Select Files’ button.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In menus, go to Appearance → Menus, select categories and click Add to Menus. In the sidebar, go to Appearance → Widgets, then choose the categories that you want to appear in the sidebar and click Add Widget. When you want to show subcategories in the sidebar, drag and drop categories to a Sidebar.
What are categories?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do you create a menu?
How it works
- Add your foods Just one time. Enter your foods and drinks into the food list. …
- Drag & drop Leave the hard part to us. Drag your items from the food list to the menu. …
- Pick a design With a click. …
- Get inspired And make it yours. …
- Download your printable menu And voila!
How do I edit a drop down menu in WordPress?
Simply select the menu you would like to edit from the Select a menu to edit dropdown list and then click the Select button. The menu items for your selected menu will then be displayed. The items in this right-hand column on the Menus page will match the menu items that appear on your website.