You can do this by going to Settings » Reading page in WordPress admin area. Next, you need to select ‘A static page’ option under ‘Your homepage displays’ section. After that, go ahead and select your home and blog pages. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save changes’ button to store your settings.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I remove posts from my WordPress homepage?
WP Hide Post
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for “WP Hide Post”
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Create a new post or edit an existing one.
- On the right-hand side, find the “Post Visibility” box created by the plugin.
- Check the option to hide that specific post.
19 дек. 2020 г.
How do I add content to my WordPress homepage?
How to add new content:
- Log into your WordPress website.
- If you are adding your content via a new Post: Click on Post > Add New. Add in your new content, including a Title. If applicable, in the Categories section (right column) select appropriate Categories for the post. Either:
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard. Go to Appearance > Header. Please note that some themes don’t have the header option so you’ll have to go to Appearance > Theme Editor > Header and modify the header PHP files. Then, go to the Header Image section and click Add New Image.
How do I change my home page?
Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
Can I hide a page in WordPress?
Hide from the Pages Widget
If you are using the Pages widget and want to hide some of the pages from appearing in the sidebar list, you can do so with the Exclude option.
How do I hide posts?
Hide a Facebook Post
To hide a post, click the ellipsis () next to the post. From the drop-down menu, click the link to Hide post. Facebook then gives you a few options. You can click the Undo button to disable the hide action if you change your mind and still want to see the post.
How do I add a shortcode to my WordPress homepage?
To use short codes inside your WordPress Widgets sidebar:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- In the navigation menu, click “Pages”
- Click the Page you want to edit.
- Click “Text”
- Add shortcode.
- Click “Update” to save your changes. Now you can insert shortcuts into a text widget as well as content.
Where is the home page in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I edit text on WordPress homepage?
To edit any part of the homepage, simply click the blue pencil icon next to it. Here, we’re editing the image, text, and button at the top of the homepage. Note: As soon as you make edits, they’ll be shown in the preview of your site. Those changes won’t be live on your site until you publish them.
How do I change the header image on each page in WordPress?
The Unique Headers Plugin applies a custom header image box to the post or page edit screen. It facilitates you to upload an image all new on different pages. Just go to edit the page on which you want a new header. Just click the Set Custom Header Image in the bottom right corner of the screen.
How do I change the header and footer in WordPress?
Edit header and footer text in WordPress
- Open WordPress Editor.
- Click Widgets on the left, then click on the section that contains the text you want to edit, as follows:
- Make the appropriate changes to the available fields, and then click Save & Publish.