Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field. Go ahead and enter a description into your Meta Description field.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How can I see my full meta description?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
How do I find meta title and meta description?
It’s impossible to see your Meta Description by simply visiting your webpage. Browsers do NOT display the Meta Description. Only search engines read and use this information. So again we need to view the source code (aka HTML code) just like we did to find the Title.
Where is the meta description on a website?
The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
How do I write a meta description for SEO?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.
What is a good meta description?
A page’s meta description should intelligently (read: in a natural, active, non-spammy way) employ the keywords that page is targeting, but also create a compelling description that a searcher will want to click. It should be directly relevant to the page it describes, and unique from the descriptions for other pages.
What is meta tag example?
What are Meta Tags? Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the <title> and <description> elements.
How do you write a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Stick to your brand voice and tone, but also keep it conversational.
- Include your primary keyword if you can do so naturally.
- Make sure you convey value to the reader.
- Include a call-to-action, i.e. “Learn more here.”
- Write in active voice.
13 янв. 2021 г.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do you write a meta description in 2020?
Now let’s look at tips for writing and optimizing them.
- Shoot For A Meta Description Length Under 1000px. Google will truncate meta descriptions longer than a certain length. …
- Use Your Main Keyword In Your Meta Description. …
- Start With A Question, Then Show You Have The Solution. …
- Include A Bonus.
What is a meta description used for?
A meta description (sometimes called a meta description attribute or tag) is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for the benefit of users and search engines.
What is a home page meta description?
A meta description is meta tag that acts as a 155-160 characters summary that describes the content of a web page. … Unlike the page title, meta descriptions are not a ranking factor, but they do entice users to click through to a page and are part of effective on page SEO.
Does Google use meta keywords?
In short, Google does not use information in the keywords meta tag or the description meta tag to actually rank pages, but it does use the meta description text to create search snippets.
Do Meta Keywords Matter 2020?
Do Meta Tags matter for SEO in 2020? Yes, they do, but not all Meta tags can help you in 2020. In my experience, if you want to rank high in Google in 2020 then you also need to focus on high-quality content and user satisfaction.