First you need to edit the post or page where you want to change the author name. On the post edit screen, you need to click on the Screen Options menu at the top right corner of the screen. This will show a flydown menu on the screen with a bunch of options. You need to check the box next to ‘Author’ option.
How do I find the author on WordPress?
You can use get_the_author_meta() , to get author data. echo get_the_author_meta(‘display_name’, $author_id);
How do I change the author name on WordPress?
To change the author of an existing post, go to your admin area > Posts. Click on Quick Edit > Author and from the drop-down menu choose the new author and click on Update.
How do I remove the author name and date in WordPress posts?
Now go to Posts » All Posts page and click on the screen options menu at the top. Enter 999 for number of items to display. This will allow you to quickly edit and change author name for a large number of posts. You need to select all posts using the checkbox and then select edit under the bulk actions drop down menu.
How do I login as author in WordPress?
You simply need to go to the Users » Add New page in your WordPress admin area. Next, you just have to fill out the form to create a new user. On the form, you first need to enter a username. The user can use this or their email address to login.
How do I find the post ID in WordPress?
- Find The ID Within Each Post’s URL. The easiest way to find a post ID in WordPress is to go to your dashboard and click on the Posts menu option. …
- Use Custom Code to Display Post IDs in The Posts Tab.
3 февр. 2021 г.
How do I find category names in WordPress?
To display the name of the first category: <? php $cat = get_the_category(); echo $cat->cat_name; ?> 0 displays the first category, so 1 will display the second category, 2 will display the third category, and so on.
How do I create an author in WordPress?
Go to the “Users” section again to change the person’s role from “Contributor” to “Author.” A list of all your WordPress blog users should appear. Click on the small box to the left of the user. Then click on the drop down box that says “Change Role to…” Click “Author.”
How do I remove the author in WordPress?
After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
How do I remove the date from WordPress post URL?
Removing Date from WordPress URLs
After that, you need to visit the Settings » Permalinks page and choose ‘Name’ as your permalink option. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to store your changes. WordPress will now remove the date from your WordPress URLs and start using the name-based URL structure.
How do I remove the date from WordPress?
From the WordPress Dashboard
- From Admin dashboard go to Settings and General.
- In this section, you will see the Date Format section.
- Choose the Custom format on the date format section.
- Erase whatever, you will see there.
- Click on Save Changes to remove the date.
29 янв. 2021 г.
How do I remove a WordPress theme name?
Removing or renaming the theme name in footer can be achieved directly from the WordPress customization tool.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
- Click on Footer then Bottom Bar.
- Here you can disable the footer or change it in the edit footer credit.
18 нояб. 2019 г.
What can an author do on WordPress?
An Author can create, edit, publish, and delete only their own posts, as well as upload files and images. Authors do not have access to create, modify, or delete pages, nor can they modify posts by other users.
What are the roles in WordPress?
WordPress has six pre-defined roles: Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber. Each role is allowed to perform a set of tasks called Capabilities.
How do I add users to my WordPress site?
Self-hosted WordPress site
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘Users’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. …
- Click ‘Add New’. Across the top, click the ‘Add New’ button.
- Fill out the form and set the role to Administrator. …
- Click ‘Add New User’.