Upon activation, you need to visit Appearance » Widgets page. There you will find Meks Smart Author under the list of available widgets. You need to add this widget to the sidebar where you want to display the author information.
How do I view profiles in WordPress?
On a WordPress powered website, users with the administrator role can see their profile page under Users » Your Profile. Other users will see a Profile tab in the admin sidebar. User profiles are extendable. Developers can easily add additional fields to make robust user profiles.
How do I change the author on WordPress?
Changing the Author to Another User in Block Editor
- Click “Posts” and then “All Posts”
- Choose the post you want to change the author of and click “Edit”
- Click “Document” in the right sidebar.
- Find “Author” under “Status and Visibility”
- Open the dropdown menu to change the author.
- Click “Update” to confirm the change.
22 нояб. 2019 г.
How do I make a Gravatar image?
Gravatar images may be requested just like a normal image, using an IMG tag. To get an image specific to a user, you must first calculate their email hash.
How do I add my picture to my WordPress profile?
To upload your new profile picture, go to Users → Your Profile. Find Avatar section, and then click Browse or Choose from Media Library to select the image. After the image selection, click Update Profile to submit your changes.
How do I show my username in WordPress?
To get and display the current user’s information:
php global $current_user; wp_get_current_user(); echo ‘Username: ‘ . $current_user->user_login . “n”; echo ‘User display name: ‘ . $current_user->display_name .
How do I create a profile in WordPress?
Go to Pages from your WordPress dashboard. Then click on “Add New” to create a new page where custom user profile page will appear. You are now on the screen with “Add New Page” as the heading. Give a unique title to your new page.
How do I show my username after login in WordPress?
Call Username on header
- Now with the help of Shortcode [current_user] you can display current username wherever you want on the website.
- As we want to display the current username on the right top of the header, let us call this shortcode from our header. php file.
- Please select header.
13 авг. 2020 г.
Is WordPress an author page?
In WordPress, the term author refers to a predefined user role. … This is usually done through the built-in author archive pages which displays a list of all posts written by them. Some sites even display a list of authors with photos on their sidebar or their about page.
How do I create an author page in WordPress?
If you’re already using Pressbooks for your book, you have the skills you need to create an author website this way.
- Step 1: Go to WordPress.com. …
- Step 2: Choose a Theme. …
- Step 3: Go to the WP-Admin Screen. …
- Step 4: Create the Main Pages. …
- Step 5: Set Up Sidebar Widgets. …
- Step 6: Customize Your Theme. …
- Step 7: Specify Some Settings.
How do I hide authors in WordPress?
After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
What is a Gravatar image?
A Globally Recognized Avatar
Your Gravatar is an image and public profile that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog.
How do I find my gravatar URL?
This URL enables you to link to a Gravatar image using the encoded email address of the Gravatar account. However, you need to MD5 hash the email address for the Gravatar account to get the hash. All Gravatar URL’s are based on the use of the hashed value of an email address.
How do I put a Gravatar on my website?
Known as WordPress.com Connect, it lets you use one account for all those services.
- Go to Gravatar website.
- Click on the “Create your own Gravatar” blue button.
- Fill in the desired email address, username, and password.
- Click on the “Sign up” button.
19 дек. 2020 г.