Simply select the categories you want to add to the menu, and then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button. The categories will appear as regular menu items at the bottom of your menu. You can drag and drop them into position. We’re going to put all of these categories under the Blog menu item.
How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I link categories in WordPress?
Adding Category and Subcategory in WordPress Post URLs
First, you need to visit Settings » Permalinks page in your WrodPress admin. There you need to click on the ‘custom structure’ option under common settings area. Next, you need to add /%category%/%postname%/ in the field next to custom structure.
How do I add a link to drop down menu in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
31 янв. 2021 г.
How do I put different posts on a different page in WordPress?
Assign categories to posts. Create a custom menu. Add the dynamic category pages to into the custom menu. You can create a custom menu and include multiple dynamic category pages that automatically display the published posts assigned to the the specific categories in reverse chronological order.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In menus, go to Appearance → Menus, select categories and click Add to Menus. In the sidebar, go to Appearance → Widgets, then choose the categories that you want to appear in the sidebar and click Add Widget. When you want to show subcategories in the sidebar, drag and drop categories to a Sidebar.
What is category slug in WordPress?
What is a Slug? A WordPress slug is nothing more than a few words, which you choose, to describe a post, page, category, or tag within WordPress. These words then appear as part of the URL (or Permalink) directing visitors to that content.
How do I add a category and subcategory to my WordPress URL?
To show WordPress permalinks as category/subcategory/post go to Settings > Permalinks. Choose ‘Custom Structure’ and add /%category%/%postname%/ to the field. Now if you add one category and one subcategory, WordPress will show both of them in the permalink.
How do I add a page to the menu in WordPress?
Defining a Menu
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
- Click the Create Menu button.
How do I add a menu tab in WordPress?
Here’s how you can add Static Top-Level Tabs:
- Go to your Menus page (Appearance -> Menus)
- Add a Custom Link and set the URL as #. …
- Label your link and hit the Add to Menu button.
- Organize your menu items like you would normally do, hit the Save Menu button, and you’re done!
What is the difference between page and post in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
Can you have more than one posts page in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.