On the post edit screen, you need to click on the ‘Edit’ link next to the ‘Visibility’ option in ‘Publish’ meta box. You will now see options to make a post sticky, password protected, or private. Go ahead and select private and then click the OK button to continue.
Can you make WordPress blog private?
To make your entire blog private, follow these steps:
Go to your blog’s dashboard. Select Settings. From there, select Privacy. You’ll see three options: Public, Hidden, and Private.
How do I make my entire WordPress site private?
Private WordPress Site
- Click on Plugins, then go to Add New. Find the My Private Site plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to Settings -> Private Site.
- Tick the Private Site option under the Make Private Site section.
- Press Save Changes and you’re done!
13 авг. 2019 г.
Can you hide posts on WordPress?
You will notice a new ‘Hide Posts’ section in the right column of the editor. Clicking on it will reveal plugin options. You can hide the post on the front page and blog page, category or tag pages, authors page, and site search results. Simply select the options you like and then save your post.
Can you keep a blog private?
Make your blog private
To change who can access your blog: … Public: Anyone on the web can access and read your blog. Private to authors: All authors of your blog can access and read it. Custom readers: Only the readers you invite can access and read your blog.
Who can see private posts on WordPress?
A WordPress private page and posts are not visible to the public. In other words, visitors can’t see the content even if they know the URL. It is only available for authorized users who are logged in to the Dashboard.
How do I hide my WordPress site until ready?
Next, navigate to Theme Panel > Under Construction from the WordPress dashboard. From here check the box to enable the Under Construction feature and select the page you’ve created then save. To remove your construction page once your website is ready for it’s big reveal, simply uncheck the “enable” option and save.
Can I make my website private?
Click “Privacy” under the Settings tab on the left side of the dashboard. Check the option “I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose,” and click “Save Changes.” Click “Publish” to publish your website.
What is private visibility on WordPress?
Private – The post will be visible only to blog Editors and Administrators. Private posts are not visible in the Reader, feeds, or in any search. It is also not sent via email to your followers. Password Protected – The post will be protected with a password you choose.
How can I secure my WordPress site?
- Invest in Secure WordPress Hosting. …
- Use Latest PHP Version. …
- Use Clever Usernames and Passwords. …
- Always Use the Latest Version of WordPress, Plugins, and Themes. …
- Lock Down Your WordPress Admin. …
- Take Advantage of Two-Factor Authentication. …
- Use HTTPS for Encrypted Connections – SSL Certificate. …
- Harden Your wp-config.
How do I hide posts?
Hide a Facebook Post
To hide a post, click the ellipsis () next to the post. From the drop-down menu, click the link to Hide post. Facebook then gives you a few options. You can click the Undo button to disable the hide action if you change your mind and still want to see the post.
How do I hide recent posts on WordPress?
You can remove recent posts,archives,categories on home-page with the theme customizer. go to Appearance -> Customize -> Widgets -> Sidebar – Default. Select the widget and click on remove.
How do I hide my homepage on iOS 14?
To do this in iOS 14, touch and hold any empty spot on the Home screen to enter jiggle mode. Then tap the lozenge around the dots that represent your Home screens. In the Edit Pages screen, tap the checkmark under any Home screen to hide it (or tap an empty circle to add a checkmark and show that Home screen).
How do I keep my journal private?
7 Ways to Keep Your Journal Private
- Trust as a Gauge of Growth. Your present level of personal development influences your perception of privacy. …
- Protect Yourself First. …
- Out of sight, out of mind. …
- Code words and analogies. …
- Locks. …
- Warning Labels. …
- Fake Covers. …
How do I password protect my blog?
- Create or edit the page/post you want to password protect.
- On the right side of the page above the Publish/Update button, you’ll see Visibility, which by default will be set to Public. Click Edit.
- You can then select the Password Protected option.
4 сент. 2015 г.
Is WordPress blog free?
WordPress.com is free to get started, but offers premium services for prices starting at $36/year. However, there are a number of constraints which I outline below.