How do I organize my WordPress blog posts into categories?
Creating categories and subcategories
- Click the Categories link on the Posts menu. …
- Under the Add New Category heading, type the name of your category in the Name text box.
- Leave the Parent drop-down menu set to the default option (None). …
- (Optional) Enter a description of the category in the Description text box.
How do I sort my WordPress posts in any order?
After activating it click into “Post Types Order” under settings and you can enable the types of posts you want the reorder interface to show up on. Then under that post type you will see a new menu called “Re-order.” You can then drag and drop the posts within according to the order you want them to appear in.
How do I change the layout of my WordPress blog?
To change layout follow these steps:
- Go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> Post & Page -> Blog Page Settings.
- Select post layout from Blog Post Layout.
- Click Save & Publish.
How do I manage posts on WordPress?
To manage your post in WordPress, you will need to know how to:
- Step 1: Access the posts page and add a new Post.
- Step 2: Configure your new Post.
- Step 3: Edit or Delete Posts.
12 мар. 2019 г.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
What is a category on WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I rearrange images in WordPress?
Since WordPress 3.5’s introduction of the new media manager you can now easily re arrange those images by dragging.. it’s definitely not apparent though.
- Select images. Select multiple images ( hold shift as you select )
- drag and drop for the order you want. Pretty simple huh?!
1 июл. 2013 г.
How do I make a post list in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress admin panel. In the left column navigation mouse over the “Plugins” link and click the “Add New” link. In the “Search plugins…” box, enter “Display Posts.” Once you have located the plugin, click the “Install Now” button.
How do I customize my blog?
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Choose the blog to update.
- In the left menu, click Theme.
- Under “My theme,” click Customize.
- In the left menu, click Advanced.
- Click the Down arrow. Add CSS.
- Add your code, and at the bottom right, click Save .
How do I customize my WordPress blog for free?
To do this, go to the “Appearance” tab on the left-menu of your blog administrator area. Then click on “Customize”. This will bring you to a screen that shows you your blog homepage on the right, with the customization menu on the left.
Which WordPress theme is best for blogging?
The 7 Best WordPress Themes for Blogs:
- Olsen – Best WordPress Theme for Lifestyle and Fashion Blogs.
- Baskerville 2 – Best WordPress Theme for Most Standard Blogs.
- Hemingway Rewritten – Best WordPress Theme for Photography Blogs.
- Maxwell – Best WordPress Theme for Online Creator Blogs.
How do pages work in WordPress?
Pages are static one-off type of documents which are not tied to the blog’s reverse chronological order of content. Pages can be hierarchical, which means a page can have sub pages, for example a parent page titled “About us” can have a sub-page called “Our history”. On the other hand posts are not hierarchical.
How do I edit different pages in WordPress?
To edit your blog’s pages, go to My Sites → Pages. To open a page to edit, click on its title. This will open the WordPress editor where you can make changes to the page. Selecting the ellipses menu (the three vertical dots) will open up more menu options.
How do I view pages on WordPress?
To get started, click on Pages within WordPress. You will see a list of all of the pages you’ve created so far. Select any page and scroll down to the Page Attributes box. In this box, there is a drop-down menu under Parent.