When you get to the Widgets page, look on the right side for your ‘Right Sidebar’. You’ll see the ‘meta’ widget located there. Just click the little down arrow, which opens up that widget. You’ll see the word ‘Delete’ at the bottom; click that, and voila!
How do I remove the footer section in WordPress?
Method #1: Via the WordPress Theme Customizer
- Go to Appearance > Customize on the WordPress dashboard.
- Click Footer > Bottom Bar.
- You can either Disable Footer Credits or put your own text in Edit Footer Credit.
How do I get rid of Meta and archive in WordPress?
But would it by possible to just remove the “archives” and “meta” & search bar? In that case, you’ll want to go to WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets and remove the archives and meta widgets.
How do I remove the default meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I remove categories in WordPress?
Login to your WordPress account and go to your Dashboard. Click on the Post and Categories to redirect to a different page. Tick off the Categories that you want to delete. You can then go ahead and select Delete from the Bulk Action drop-down menu and click Apply.
How do I remove a footer section?
Remove all headers and footers
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer, and then select Remove Header or Remove Footer.
- If your document has more than one section, repeat this process for each section.
How do I remove a theme from a WordPress site?
Removing or renaming the theme name in footer can be achieved directly from the WordPress customization tool.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
- Click on Footer then Bottom Bar.
- Here you can disable the footer or change it in the edit footer credit.
18 нояб. 2019 г.
How do I remove the Sidebar in WordPress?
How to Remove Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets on the left side of your dashboard.
- Find the Sidebar area.
- Expand the widget section by clicking the down arrow.
- Then, click Delete.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve deleted all the widgets under the Sidebar area.
11 сент. 2019 г.
How do I remove duplicate meta descriptions in WordPress?
There is an option under Tiles & Metas > Sitewide meta settings > Subpages of archives to noindex paginated pages. So you can use this option to noindex subpages of archives to remove duplicate Meta descriptions of paginated pages.
How do I change meta tags in WordPress?
Setup meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
- Fill in your SEO title and Meta description fields with information about your page.
What is a meta description in WordPress?
Why Add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress? … A meta description is a brief description of what your page or post is about. It’s your meta title, description, and keywords that shows up in Google search results: Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code.
How do I remove default categories in WordPress?
How to Remove an Uncategorized Product Category in WooCommerce.
- Go to Products → Categories.
- Choose the category that you want to make it the default one.
- Click Make default.
- Locate Uncategorized.
- Click Delete.
13 авг. 2019 г.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
What are the categories in WordPress?
Categories and tags are both taxonomies that are included by default in WordPress. Categories in WordPress cover broader sections of your website, while tags help to identify all the posts you have created that have been tagged with a specific word. Think of categories like a table of contents in the front of a book.