How do I remove author and date info from WordPress posts?
How to Remove Author and Date Information Manually
- Add Some Custom CSS. From your main WP dashboard, go into Appearance – Customize, and at they very bottom, you will see an option called Additional CSS. …
- Delete the PHP Code From Your Theme’s Files.
11 янв. 2017 г.
How do I change the date on a WordPress blog post?
After you open the WordPress post to edit look on the top right side just under the Publish Status for the Published on date. Click the Edit link next to the date to change the post timestamp. Clicking the Edit link should open the menu to change the month, day, year and time.
How do I remove metadata from WordPress post?
With our theme installed, simply visit the WordPress Theme Options section under Appearance > Theme Options and then navigate to the General tab. Once you have navigated to the proper place, you can go to the section with the sliders and simply click the slider to hide or show the post meta.
How do I show the date on a WordPress post?
WordPress gives you four functions to output the date and/or time. These are: the_date() : By default, it will echo the date of the post in the format F j, Y , so if the post was published on 20 November 2018, it would echo November 20, 2018. get_the_date() : This fetches the date and doesn’t echo it out.
How do I remove the date from WordPress URL?
Removing Date from WordPress URLs
After that, you need to visit the Settings » Permalinks page and choose ‘Name’ as your permalink option. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to store your changes. WordPress will now remove the date from your WordPress URLs and start using the name-based URL structure.
How do I get rid of author page in WordPress?
How to enable or disable author archive pages
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’ in the sidebar. …
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’. …
- Click on the ‘Archives’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Author archives’ switch to match your site setup. …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
How do I change the date of a post?
Step 1: First of all, you have to hover over the post and click the three-dotted icon. Step 2: Then, you need to select Change Date. Step 3: At last, you have to enter a new date and click Save.
How do I set the date and time in WordPress?
How to configure WordPress date and time settings
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Settings, and then click General.
- Scroll down to the Timezone list box, and then select the time zone you want WordPress to use to display the time. …
- In the Week Starts On list box, select the day that begins the week in your region.
- Click Save Changes.
Can you backdate blog posts?
Change a blog post’s publish date and time
Hover over the post you’d like to edit and click Edit. Click the Publish or Schedule tab in the post editor. … You can select a date in the future, or a date in the past if you’d like to backdate the post.
How do I hide posts on WordPress?
WP Hide Post
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Search for “WP Hide Post”
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Create a new post or edit an existing one.
- On the right-hand side, find the “Post Visibility” box created by the plugin.
- Check the option to hide that specific post.
19 дек. 2020 г.
How do I find the category of a WordPress post?
Now, if you want to display all your posts from a specific category on a separate page, WordPress already takes care of this for you. To find the category page, you simply need to go to Posts » Categories » View page and click on the ‘View’ link below a category.
What is WordPress post meta?
Post meta data is information about a post that is not part of the actual content. This includes information like post date, author, categories and tags, or custom taxonomies. Depending on your WordPress theme, this information can be displayed on different locations.
How do I see post tags in WordPress?
If you want to display a list of tags associated with a specific post then you instead use the function called get_the_tag_list. Example: echo get_the_tag_list(‘<p>Tags: ‘,’, ‘,'</p>’); Also, the first snippet uses the get_tags function which is specifically for WordPress tags.