Click the “Portfolio categories” link under the “Portfolio Items” section in the Navigation Bar to display the “Categories” page in the area to the right of the window.
How do I get my WordPress page to show categories?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
What is a WordPress Portfolio category?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
How do I get pages to show posts from certain categories?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
Is WordPress good for portfolios?
WordPress is the perfect solution for freelancers who are looking to showcase their work on a budget. It’s got everything you’ll need – power out of the box, and plenty of additional functionality through the myriad of available themes and plugins.
What are the different types of investment portfolios?
What is an Investment Portfolio?
- Stocks. Stocks are the most common component of an investment portfolio. …
- Bonds. …
- Alternative Investments. …
- Growth portfolio. …
- Income portfolio. …
- Value portfolio. …
- Determine the objective of the portfolio. …
- Minimize investment turnover.
What a portfolio is?
A portfolio is a collection of financial investments like stocks, bonds, commodities, cash, and cash equivalents, including closed-end funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs). People generally believe that stocks, bonds, and cash comprise the core of a portfolio.
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
How do I create a portfolio page?
Creating a Portfolio Website: tips on how to do it right
- Your Best Work Comes First. …
- Create a Portfolio that is Easy to Navigate. …
- Make Your Own Website. …
- You Need a Domain Name. …
- Search Engine Optimization. …
- Have Vision and Mission. …
- Choose Projects with Best Results. …
- Tell the Story – Provide Context.
What are tags and categories in WordPress?
Categories and tags are the two primary ways to group content on a WordPress site. In simple terms, categories are general labels, while tags are more specific (describe your posts in more detail).
What are categories?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. … An example of category is food that is made from grains.