If you want your posts to show up on the home page and WordPress isn’t already doing this for you, here’s how you do it. In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
How do I show posts on a specific page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I add a post to a page in WordPress?
How To Create A Dedicated Posts Page (In 3 Easy Steps)
- Step 1: Create Your Pages. To get started, navigate to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Adjust Your Home Page Settings. Next, you’ll want to tell WordPress what your home page should be. …
- Step 3: Add Your Pages To a Menu.
How do I get the latest posts to show on my WordPress homepage?
To add the widget:
- Login to your WordPress website.
- Navigate to Appearance>Widgets.
- Find the Recent Posts widget, then drag and drop it in the desired widget area.
- Once added, you can add a title, set the number of posts to show and more.
- Click Save to complete the changes.
29 апр. 2020 г.
Can you have more than one posts page in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
How do I assign a category to a page in WordPress?
Category Pages & Menus
- Open the Customizer. (My Sites → Design → Customize)
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
What is the difference between page and post in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do I get my blog posts to appear on homepage?
In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
How do I make a second page on WordPress?
Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page. This will take you to the Add New Page page, which has the WordPress editor and all the settings for your new page. In the top box, you’ll enter the title of your new page. The editor area is where you’ll enter the text of your page and insert images.
How many pages can I have in WordPress?
There is no limit to the number of posts or pages you can create in a free hosted WordPress.com blog. The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page. You can create a custom menu and add Pages and sub-pages to it.