When you’re editing a post, open up the Categories tab and type in the name for your child category. Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I show all categories in a WordPress list?
$args = array( ‘style’ => ‘none’ ); Finally, you can ask WordPress to display a link to all your categories thanks to the option show_option_all . You give a string to this option, and WordPress will display a new link, pointing to all of your categories.
How do I show subcategories in WooCommerce?
Show WooCommerce Sub Categories on Shop Page
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “show subcategories” from Category Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do you add categories to products in WordPress?
Adding WooCommerce Category
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you select the correct menu from the drop-down.
- Click on “Select” to load the menu.
- Select the “Product categories” tab.
- Check the Categorie to be added.
- Press the “Add to Menu” or “Add to Column” button.
What are WordPress categories?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I get all the categories of a custom post type in WordPress?
To create custom taxonomy, Go to Types > Custom taxonomies and click add new taxonomy then select the products custom post type to be linked with the products taxonomy under “Select post types” section in the taxonomy edit screen. To list taxonomies related to a post, You don’t have to write custom code right now.
How do I show post category names in WordPress?
If you want to display category description inside a single post, then you can use this code. $catID = get_the_category(); echo category_description( $catID  ); This code simply gets all categories for the current post and then outputs the category description of the first category.
How do I arrange categories in WooCommerce?
How to change the order of product category in WooCommerce
- Go to Product Catalogues and navigate Categories tag.
- At Bulk Action, drag and drop the categories to the order you prefer.
2 сент. 2019 г.
How do I view image categories in WooCommerce?
Set category Image from ‘/Products/Categories/your-choosed-category’ EDIT and set Thumbnail Image. New image field with (upload/remove) buttons to allow you to edit category or taxonomy image in quick edit.
How do I find my product category in WooCommerce?
Check If Current Page is a Product Category
- is_product_category() – returns true on every product category archive page,
- is_product_category( $category ) – you can check if you are on a certain product category page just by passing an ID, slug or title of a category as an argument.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I change product categories in WordPress?
In the self-hosted version of WordPress:
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Find the category name you wish to change and click Edit.
- Change the category name.
- Change the category Slug, the permalink “nice” name for the category.
- Add or change the category description.
- Click Update.
13 сент. 2012 г.
How do I edit categories in WordPress?
Edit WordPress Category
From the admin panel, go to Posts and Categories. Hover on the categories which you want to edit. An edit option will appear there, click on it and edit the category. You can edit the name, slug, description, managing parent categories there.