First, you’ll need to go to Tools » WP Reset and click the ‘Tools’ tab. Once there, simply click on the ‘Delete Themes’ or ‘Delete Plugins’ links to jump straight to those tools. You can click the ‘Delete all themes’ or ‘Delete plugins’ button to delete them. Important: WP Reset doesn’t backup your files in any way.
How do I uninstall and reinstall WordPress?
Go to the folder where WordPress is installed. Select all the files and folder then hit the delete button then confirm the deletion. Option 3: If you have shell access to your server then you can log into your server using a SSH client then browse to the folder where WordPress is installed.
How do I do a clean install of WordPress?
How to Uninstall and Reinstall WordPress
- Create an Emergency Backup. …
- Export Your WordPress Content. …
- Download wp-content Folder. …
- Properly Uninstall WordPress. …
- Fresh Install WordPress. …
- Restore Uploads, Images, and Theme. …
- Import Content. …
- Install WordPress Plugins (One by One)
How do I delete a WordPress theme and start over?
First, you need to go to Appearance » Themes page and click on the theme that you want to delete. WordPress will now open theme details in a popup window. You need to click on the Delete button at the bottom right corner of the popup screen. Next, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the theme.
Does reinstalling WordPress delete everything?
You can either reinstall WordPress while keeping all of your existing content or deleting all of your files and install a fresh new copy. … You can do this by simply copying all of your WordPress files into your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I reinstall WordPress without losing content?
You can manually install the latest version of WordPress by downloading a fresh copy on WordPress.org and uploading its files to your site. Here’s a step-by-step guide to reinstall a fresh copy of WordPress: Download latest version of WordPress. Double-click the zip file downloaded and Extract it.
How do I reinstall cPanel?
How do I forcefully re-install cPanel?
- Login to your existing cPanel server via SSH.
- Next, run the following command from SSH: # /scripts/upcp –force.
- Please wait until the process completes.
How do I reset everything on WordPress?
To reset your site, you need to type the word ‘reset’ in the confirmation field before clicking the red ‘Reset Site’ button. WP Reset will pop up a message asking you to confirm that you want to reset the site. Click ‘Reset WordPress’ to continue. You’ll see a ‘Resetting in progress’ message for a few seconds.
How do I restore my WordPress site?
Restoring WordPress Database Backup using cPanel
Log into your cPanel account and under the files section click on Backup. On the backups page, scroll down to ‘Restore a MySQL database backup’. Next, click on the choose file button and select the backup file from your hard disk. Once done, click on the upload button.
How do I refresh my WordPress site?
To force a refresh, just navigate to “Tools”, click on “Force Refresh” and click the button that says, “Refresh Site.”
Should I delete unused WordPress themes?
Why It’s Best Practice to Delete Unused WordPress Themes
Security: the more themes you have installed, the more opportunities there are for a hacker to infiltrate your site. Updates: you don’t have to keep a theme you’ve deleted up to date.
How do I delete all content from WordPress site?
Step 2: Go to WP Reset Dashboard
Next, go to Tools > WP Reset to open the WP Reset dashboard. You’ll see a warning here saying that resetting will delete all your site’s posts, pages, custom post types, comments, media entries, users, and all the default WP database tables.
How do I uninstall a theme?
Deleting a theme
- From the Home screen, tap , and then find and tap Themes.
- Tap > My themes, and then swipe to the My collections tab.
- Tap > Remove.
- Tap the themes you want to remove from your collection.
- Tap Remove.
How do I reset WordPress without losing data?
Reinstalling WordPress without Loosing Content
- Step 1) Complete a Back Up of Content. …
- Step 2) Download Content from cPanel (or Similar) …
- Step 3) Uninstall WordPress. …
- Step 4) Install Latest WordPress. …
- Step 5) Delete Default Content and Restore WP-Content. …
- Step 6) Import WordPress Content from the Dashboard.
How do I get rid of softaculous WordPress?
Uninstalling programs with Softaculous:
- Log into your cPanel.
- Click the Softaculous icon in the Software/Services section.
- Click the Application Installs button in the top menu.
- Next to the program you want to uninstall, click remove icon.
- Remove everything unless you intend to keep data from the installation.