To view child pages, you can go to the ‘Pages » All Pages’ page in WordPress admin area. You will see child pages listed under their parent page with a — prefix. Next, you can go ahead and add your child pages to your website’s navigation menu as sub-menu items.
How do I find my child’s current page on WordPress?
First, you need to install and activate the Page-list plugin. For more details, see our step by step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin. Upon activation, you need to edit the parent page and simply add the following shortcode where you want to display the list of child pages.
How do I see all pages in WordPress?
WordPress display all pages on one page
- First, make sure to set your home page as the actual home page in the dashboard: Settings > Reading > Page on Front.
- Next, open up one of the following (go in order, if your theme doesn’t have the first one, check the next one etc.
20 нояб. 2014 г.
What is a child page in WordPress?
A child page is a page that “lives” in hierarchy underneath another page (the parent). In the example below, both “Our Team” and “Company History” are child pages of “About”. Home. About.
How do parent pages work in WordPress?
Using Parent Pages is a good way to organize your Site Pages into hierarchies. A parent page is a top level page, with child pages nested under it. For example, you could have an “About” page as a top level or parent page, and then have child pages “Life Story” and “My Dogs” under it.
How do I create a child page in WordPress?
To create a subpage #
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen.
- In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu. …
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
How do I get pages to display posts in WordPress?
If you want your posts to show up on the home page and WordPress isn’t already doing this for you, here’s how you do it. In the WordPress admin, go to Settings > Reading. Find the section called Your homepage displays and select the Your latest posts option. Click the Save Changes button and go back to your home page.
How do I view the archive page in WordPress?
Go to your WordPress admin panel and add a new page (Pages » New). You can call this page Archives, Library, or anything else that you like. Now look at the meta boxes below the publish button on the right hand side of your screen. You should see a meta box called Page Attributes.
How do I view the contents of a page in WordPress?
You need to call wp_reset_postdata() after your adventskalender loop completes. Then call the_post() within the if ( have_posts() ) conditional before trying to use template tags like the_title(), etc. Then simply calling the_content() will output the requested page content.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do you create a child page from a template?
- Hit Ctrl + N or go to File > New…
- In the 1st column of the dialogue window that comes up, click the Site Templates option.
- Choose one of your Site Definitions from the second column.
- Choose one of the Template files for that site in the 3rd column. A thumbnail of the page will appear in the 4th column.
- Hit Create.
7 февр. 2020 г.
How do pages work in WordPress?
Pages are static one-off type of documents which are not tied to the blog’s reverse chronological order of content. Pages can be hierarchical, which means a page can have sub pages, for example a parent page titled “About us” can have a sub-page called “Our history”. On the other hand posts are not hierarchical.
How do I organize pages in WordPress?
Creating Custom Menus
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.
- Add a name in the Menu Name field and click the “Save Menu” button.
- In the Pages panel, check boxes for pages you want to add to the menu. …
- Drag menu items up or down to reorder and to the right to make sub-menu items.
- Click on the “Save Menu” button when done.
How do I sort pages in WordPress?
To change the order of pages in WordPress:
- Go to any page on your website.
- Use the Screen Options to drop down the control window.
- Choose the “Page Attributes” checkbox.
- Change the number box under “Order” to adjust the position. The lowest numbers are first.
- Click the “Update” or “Publish” button on the page.
How do I link pages in WordPress?
Go to the Appearance » Menus page. If you don’t already have a menu set up, then you can create one by entering a menu name. Next, select the pages you want to add to your menu on the left-hand side, then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button. WordPress will automatically link to your selected posts and pages.