Categories are managed from the Products > Categories screen. Similar to categories on your posts in WordPress, you can add, delete, and edit product categories. Add a Name. Add a Slug (optional); this is the URL-friendly version of the name.
How do I add a product category in WooCommerce?
Adding WooCommerce Category
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you select the correct menu from the drop-down.
- Click on “Select” to load the menu.
- Select the “Product categories” tab.
- Check the Categorie to be added.
- Press the “Add to Menu” or “Add to Column” button.
How do I change product categories in WordPress?
In the self-hosted version of WordPress:
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Find the category name you wish to change and click Edit.
- Change the category name.
- Change the category Slug, the permalink “nice” name for the category.
- Add or change the category description.
- Click Update.
13 сент. 2012 г.
How do I add a category to a product?
When you add a new product via Products > Add Product, you can select this new product category from the list. Alternatively, you can go to Products > Add Product directly, and select Add New Product Category. The taxonomy is product_cat .
How do I show product categories in WooCommerce?
If you want to display product categories on your Shop page instead of just products, follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “Show categories” from Shop Page Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
How do I categorize WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
What are product categories?
A product category is a type of product or service. Product categories are typically created by a firm or industry organization to organize products. This can include a hierarchy of categories that resemble a tree structure. Alternatively, product categories can be a flat structure such as a list of product types.
How do I remove categories in WordPress?
You can delete categories in WordPress from the Posts>>Categories. All you have to do is hover over the WordPress category you want to delete. Then, click on the delete. Deleting any categories will not delete the post listed on it.
What are product tags in WordPress?
Tag is one of the pre-defined taxonomy in WordPress. Users can add tags to their WordPress posts along with categories. However, while a category may cover a broad range of topics, tags are smaller in scope and focused to specific topics. Think of them as keywords used for topics discussed in a particular post.