What is a subpage in WordPress?
Child Page or Sub Page
A website can be build even without a post. Those websites which do not have many blog posts to publish can use pages to showcase information. … Those pages are called child page or subpage. In WordPress, you can maintain the hierarchy of the page by creating a child page under the parent page.
How do I create a child page in WordPress?
Simply go to the Pages » Add New to create a new page or edit an existing page in your WordPress admin area. On the right side, you will see Page Attributes box with Parent dropdown. In the Parent drop-down, you will see the list of all pages from your site.
How do I create multiple pages in WordPress?
Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in the name “WP Create Multiple Posts & Pages” in Search Plugins box.
- Find the “WP Create Multiple Posts & Pages” Plugin to install.
- Click Install Now to begin the plugin installation.
What does set parent mean in WordPress?
A parent page is a top level page, with child pages nested under it. Parent page drop down in Document Settings. For example, you could have an “About” page as a top level or parent page, and then have child pages “Life Story” and “My Dogs” under it.
Which is an example of a subpage?
A page that appears below the top-level pages in a website’s naviagation. Think of subpages as “child pages” of the “parent page.” For example www.yoursite.com/about-us/ would be a subpage of www.yoursite.com while www.yoursite.com/about-us/contact is a subpage of www.yoursite.com/about-us. …
How do you create a child page from a template?
- Hit Ctrl + N or go to File > New…
- In the 1st column of the dialogue window that comes up, click the Site Templates option.
- Choose one of your Site Definitions from the second column.
- Choose one of the Template files for that site in the 3rd column. A thumbnail of the page will appear in the 4th column.
- Hit Create.
7 февр. 2020 г.
How do I create a parent and child page in WordPress?
To create a subpage #
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen.
- In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu. …
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
How do you add an About Me page in WordPress?
How To Add About Me Image to Your Sidebar
- Navigate on your WordPress Dashboard to Appearance / Widgets.
- Drag the WC- About Me Widget to the sidebar you want it to display in. If you do not see this widget, you need to ensure you have the WC- Widgets plugin installed.
- Click Add Media to upload the photo you would like to use.
20 авг. 2014 г.
Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. If you want to write a normal blog post, you should use a post. … WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How many blogs can I create in WordPress?
You Can’t Have Multiple Blogs. At least, not by default. The way that the WordPress Core is set up, each installation is an individual site. It has one database with one set of users tied to it.
Can I have two WordPress accounts?
Hi there, You can definitely have more than one blog per account. … Keep in mind that there is one website per upgrade only, so you can have two free websites, or one paid and one free, however if you have an upgrade – it will not be effective for your second blog.
How do I move pages around in WordPress?
Reordering Directly in WordPress Dashboard
- Go to any page on your website.
- Use the Screen Options to drop down the control window.
- Choose the “Page Attributes” checkbox.
- Change the number box under “Order” to adjust the position. The lowest numbers are first.
- Click the “Update” or “Publish” button on the page.
How do I use page attributes in WordPress?
- Go to Pages -> All Pages in your dashboard.
- Find the page About and click the title.
- Locate the Page Attributes metabox to the right of the editor.
- Put the number 1 in the box for Order. This tells WordPress to display this page first on your blog.
- Click the Update button.
How do I organize pages in WordPress?
Creating Custom Menus
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.
- Add a name in the Menu Name field and click the “Save Menu” button.
- In the Pages panel, check boxes for pages you want to add to the menu. …
- Drag menu items up or down to reorder and to the right to make sub-menu items.
- Click on the “Save Menu” button when done.