Thank you for the quick response! So, if I understand you correctly, there is NO search field on any wordpress page; so in order to search for a blog, you essentially have to enter a URL (as you gave as examples) in order to search.
How do I find someone’s blog on WordPress?
To locate blogs with content of interest to you:
- Use Google search (replace “topic” with any keyword) topic site:wordpress.com.
- Use WordPress.com search > http://en.support.wordpress.com/wordpresscom-search/
- Use Global tags searches > http://en.support.wordpress.com/global-tags/
23 апр. 2012 г.
How do I search for a WordPress site?
One of the most reliable ways to show if a site is using WordPress is to check the source code.
- In the source code, check to see if important files are being loaded from the /wp-content/ folder. …
- You can search the source code for the words “WordPress”. …
- Other common URLs include: …
- It correctly identifies WordPress.
26 янв. 2017 г.
How do I find my old WordPress blog?
Contact staff directly. They will probably ask for some identifying stuff, and then they can search and find the blog for you. blogs stay forever unless you violate Terms of Service or delete them – so at this point best to contact the staff as we unpaid volunteers don’t have access to your email info.
What is the best search plugin for WordPress?
Let’s get started so that you can end your search for the best WordPress search plugin.
- SearchWP. SearchWP is one of the most well-known WordPress search plugins. …
- Relevanssi. …
- Ajax Search Pro. …
- Ivory Search. …
2 янв. 2021 г.
How do I find someone’s blog?
Type in the person’s name and “+ blog” in Google’s search engine. Click “Search.” If the person uses Blogger, then her blog address will show up in the search results since the site is owned by Google. Use a blog search engine to locate a person’s blog if you cannot find it with Google.
Do WordPress blogs expire?
WordPress.com blogs do not expire due to inactivity.
How do I search for a particular WordPress theme?
Simply type in “wp-content/themes/[theme-name]” ,quotation marks and all, and look for a search result that looks like a PHP scripting error. WPShout explains that Google sometimes indexes these errors which is why the name of the theme shows up in search results.
How do I access my WordPress admin without a domain?
Unfortunately, there’s not a way to access the backend of the site without the domain. You can access your site’s files through (s)FTP or through your host, but you won’t be able to access anything that requires the domain like the site’s backend.
What is the difference between Shopify and WordPress?
Shopify is a dedicated ecommerce platform that helps you build your own online store. It hosts your site for you, and gives you all the tools you need. In contrast, WordPress is an open-source platform. You need to host your own site, and install plugins like WooCommerce for ecommerce tools.
How do I improve my WordPress search?
Improving WordPress Site Search
- Consider adding faceted search features.
- Switch to a more powerful search algorithm to improve the relevancy of search results served to your website visitors.
- If your site is a Multisite or BuddyPress network, upgrade to a search tool designed for your site.
15 окт. 2017 г.
How do I create a dynamic search box in WordPress?
Steps to Create Dynamic Search Box in WordPress
Click on Activate plugin. In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s wordpress plugin logo, click on that . Get your site ID from your expertrec control panel ( here ). Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
How do I find plugins on WordPress?
- Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area.
- Click “Add new” and in the search box enter “Better Search”
- Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click “Install Now”