Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
What are portfolios in WordPress?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
What is a gallery in WordPress?
If you are using the WordPress block editor, please see this guide. Image galleries on WordPress.com are a great way to share your pictures with your friends, family, and your followers. An image gallery will display a set of small images attached to a particular post or page.
How do I create a portfolio gallery in WordPress?
- Go to your WordPress admin panel.
- Click on Plugins » Add New.
- Then click on the Upload Plugin button.
- Choose the downloaded zip package of Grid Kit.
- Upload it.
- Activate Grid Kit from your plugins section.
- You’re ready to create your portfolio galleries now, enjoy it!
Is WordPress good for portfolios?
WordPress is the perfect solution for freelancers who are looking to showcase their work on a budget. It’s got everything you’ll need – power out of the box, and plenty of additional functionality through the myriad of available themes and plugins.
How do I make a portfolio?
How to create a portfolio with these easy tips
- Be thoughtful about what you include. Liz Designs Things. …
- Select only your strongest pieces. …
- Showcase your most unique and creative work. …
- Go for variety. …
- Decide on how many pieces to include. …
- Do you need a physical portfolio? …
- Go high-resolution. …
- Stay current.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
Displaying Portfolios in the menu by Project Category with SpicePress
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu.
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category check box.
- Activate the Project category check box by clicking on the box.
How do you put pictures on your gallery?
To add pictures to the picture gallery, click the Pictures tab in the menu bar near the top of the screen. Any pictures that have already been added will be displayed. To add more pictures, click the Choose File button.
How do I use WordPress catch gallery?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type in the Catch Gallery in Search Plugins box.
- Click Install Now to install the plugin.
- After Installation click activate to start using the Catch Gallery.
- Go to Catch Gallery from Dashboard menu.
How do I use visual portfolio plugin?
Go to Admin Menu > Plugins > Add New. Enter “Visual Portfolio” as a keyword to find it in the list of available plugins. Click on the Install Now button.
- Getting Started. …
- Audio Portfolio Item.
- Portfolio Blocks. …
- Social Networks. …
- Saved Layouts and Shortcodes. …
- Why filter is not filtering items?
5 дек. 2020 г.
How do I add images to my WordPress portfolio?
Step by step
- In Portfolio settings choose Gallery for Show portfolio item as.
- Click Set featured image or if you have it already Remove featured image.
- Click on Upload files. …
- Choose from your computer all images (with SHIFT button) you want to display in gallery and click Open.
30 сент. 2014 г.
How do I use WordPress portfolio plugins?
Using The WordPress Plugin Dashboard
- Go to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘portfolio-pro’ or ‘Portfolio Pro’
- Click Install Now button.
- Then click Activate Plugin button.
- You can see the plugin installed on WordPress left menu.
- Include shortcode in your in any content. e.g. post, page, theme.
How do I show my portfolio on WordPress?
On the post editor screen, click on the Add Album button. Select the album you created earlier from the pop-up and then click on Insert Album button. That’s all you have successfully created your portfolio in WordPress. You can now view your portfolio page in action.
How do I add a portfolio to my WordPress website?
How To Build an Online Portfolio with WordPress (and the Total Theme)
- Step 1: Select a Web Host. …
- Step 2: Choose a Domain Name. …
- Step 3: Install WordPress. …
- Step 4: Pick and Activate a Theme. …
- Step 5: Create and Edit Portfolio Items and Create a List of Portfolio Items. …
- Step 6: Creating The Portfolio Page.
9 янв. 2019 г.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right: