To add your page titles and meta descriptions, login to the backend of your website. Then navigate to the page you want to add them to and click on Edit Page at the top of the page. Once you are able to edit that page, locate the Yoast SEO meta box and click Edit snippet.
How do I add a custom page title in WordPress?
To create a custom title for any particular page, go to the Manage > Pages section in WordPress and chose a page to edit. You may also choose to create a new page. Near the bottom of the Write Page screen you’ll see a section called Custom Fields.
Where is the page title in WordPress?
On the General tab, navigate to the Default Page Heading section. To display the WordPress page title, set Show to Yes.
How do you add a page title?
The <title> tag defines the title of the document. The title must be text-only, and it is shown in the browser’s title bar or in the page’s tab.
The <title> element:
- defines a title in the browser toolbar.
- provides a title for the page when it is added to favorites.
- displays a title for the page in search-engine results.
How do I add meta title and description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
What is a site title in WordPress?
The title represents the name of the WordPress site/blog/online shop. Together with the tagline, the site title has the role to define site identity through text. The site title is both the visible text on the homepage and inner pages and the title tag of the homepage.
How do I change the title of my WordPress homepage?
Change WordPress site title from Appearance
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance on your left sidebar and click on Customize.
- Go to Site Identity, change or edit your title.
- Click Publish or Save Changes (depending what Theme you use).
22 нояб. 2018 г.
How do I not show page titles in WordPress?
If you just want to remove the titles, it’s easy to do: Go to Pages > All Pages. Hover a page and click Quick Edit, then blank the title and click Update. You can also click the title or hover and click Edit, then find the heading at the top, delete the text inside, and click Update.
Is WordPress a homepage?
The blog homepage is the page that shows the time-based blog content of the site. is_home() is dependent on the site’s “Front page displays” Reading Settings ‘show_on_front’ and ‘page_for_posts’.
How do I hide my website title?
Hi there, When you want to upload a custom header that includes your site title in the graphic, you can hide your site title and tag line via the Customizer. Go to your My Site>Customize>Site Identity and remove the check mark next to Display Site Title and Tagline.
How do you find the title of a Web page?
What Are Web Page Titles? A web page title is the value you assign the <title> tag that’s typically found on top of an HTML/XHTML document inside the <head> tag. Most web browsers will display the web page title at the top of the browser window and/or in the browser tab.
What happens if in a HTML web page title is not defined?
A page title is the content of the HTML <title> tag. If your pages do not define this <title> Matomo will instead report “page title not defined” for the visits on those pages.
What is the title tag?
A title tag is an HTML element that specifies the title of a web page. Title tags are displayed on search engine results pages (SERPs) as the clickable headline for a given result, and are important for usability, SEO, and social sharing.
How do I add a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description. …
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential. …
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
How do I add keywords to my website?
9 Places to Insert Keywords on Your Website
- In your header. Title tags. Title tags are the first places that the search engines will scan, and they are what appear as the actual link on the search engine results page. …
- In your content. Headers and Sub-headers. …
- Bonus places. Breadcrumbs.
16 апр. 2015 г.
What is meta tag in WordPress?
A meta tag is a snippet of HTML code that describes the content of a website or a specific web page. These bits of data tell search engines what the page is about, and provide the content that will be displayed in search engine results.