In your admin area, simply navigate to Settings > Writing > and then look for the pull down menu beside “Default Post Categoy.” By the way, you can also easily change your default post format here as well (e.g. change from a standard post type to an image post type or a video post type, etc.)
How do I change the default post layout in WordPress?
Change Post Layout in WordPress
- To begin post layout customization, enter Administration panel (Dashboard) and find Posts tab in the left column.
- If a post you want to change, already exists, navigate to All Posts sub menu and click on Edit link for the post, which layout you want to change.
How do I change post settings in WordPress?
Single Post Settings
- Go to Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> Post & Page -> Post Settings.
- Turn on Show Featured Image.
- Click Save & Publish.
How do I move a post to a different page in WordPress?
Here, in a few short steps, is how to move your blog away from your homepage.
- Step 1: Create a New Homepage. Go to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 2: Create a New Blog Page. Go to Pages > Add New. …
- Step 3: Assign the Pages. Go to Settings > Reading. …
- Step 4: Menu Links.
28 сент. 2012 г.
How do I make a post template in WordPress?
Go back to your WordPress control panel. Click “Posts,” then click the title of a post you want to edit. Look for the new “Post Template” box, then choose your template from the drop-down menu. Click “Update” when you’re done.
What is the default post format in WordPress?
Standard is the default post format in WordPress. It can be an article, a blog post, or anything the user want it to be. A standard post can also be any of the other post formats as well. For example, a standard post can have a gallery or a video.
How do I change the width of a post in WordPress?
WordPress: How to change the width of your website and sidebar
- Go to Appearance > Customize in your dashboard:
- Look for the “Layout Options” tab on the left:
- In the options available, you can set the main width of your website by using the option shown below:
8 февр. 2016 г.
How do I show posts on a specific page in WordPress?
In order to add a new menu item displaying specific post category, you should do the following:
- Create a category under Posts -> Categories -> Add New Category:
- Assign posts to the Category under Posts -> All Posts:
- Create a page under Pages -> Add New.
- Insert a shortcode on the page using the category slug:
27 янв. 2020 г.
How do I move an article in WordPress?
Simply edit the post you want to reorder and on the post edit screen click on the publish date under the Document panel. This will bring up a date and time popup where you can change the post’s published date and time. After you have changed the date/time, click on the ‘Update’ button to save your changes.
What is a single post page in WordPress?
Custom single post templates allow you to use different layouts for your individual blog posts. Many WordPress themes come with a few different page templates, and you can also create your own if needed. In this article, we will show you how to easily create custom single post templates in WordPress.
How do I create a custom post type Page in WordPress?
There’s no need as WordPress will use the default page template however you can create a custom single-cpt. php file where cpt is the name of your registered post type. You could just write this into your single. php file (within the loop) and echo out whatever fields you need within the if statement.
How do I make a single page in WordPress?
Then proceed to the first step.
- Step 1: Determine your site’s focus. (Your one-page website should be built around one or two primary CTAs.) …
- Step 2: Select a quality one-page theme. If you’ve decided to create a one-page website in WordPress, you can use any theme you’d like. …
- Step 3: Design your site.
3 нояб. 2020 г.