To get the post type for the current post WordPress has a built in function that allows you to do this easily. If you are inside the loop of a single post then you can just use the function get_post_type(). echo get_post_type( $post_id ); This function has 1 argument which is optional, this is the post ID.
How do I get the latest post on WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn’t offer many options. You can give the widget a title, choose whether or not to show the dates of posts, and add the number of posts you want to display.
How can I get current post id?
you can use $post->ID for current id.
How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
The following code will Query the post with post id 26 and Show the title and the content. $post_id = 26; $queried_post = get_post($post_id);
How do you call a blog post on WordPress?
Create a new page called Home and add whatever content to it that you want to use on your home page. Click the Publish button to publish it. Then repeat this, creating another page called Blog. If you want to call this page something else (News, for example), go ahead and do so.
How do I show posts in WordPress?
- Make sure WP Show Posts is activated.
- Navigate to “WP Show Posts > Add New” and configure your list.
- Copy the shortcode provided for you when adding your new list.
- Add your shortcode to your desired page or post.
How do I find page IDs in WordPress?
To find a page ID, open your WordPress dashboard and click on Pages > All Pages. Once the page has opened, you need to look at the URL in your web browser’s address bar. Here, you will find the page ID number displayed within the page URL.
How do I get all posts from a custom post type?
5 Answers. ‘posts_per_page’ => -1, Add this to the WP_QUERY array of arguments and it should return all of the posts of this custom post type. You can pass the number of posts for your query to return using.
How do I get the thumbnail URL in WordPress?
Simply paste this code inside the loop code that you are writing. $thumb_id = get_post_thumbnail_id(); $thumb_url = wp_get_attachment_image_src( $thumb_id , ‘thumbnail-size’ , true); echo $thumb_url ;
How do I get a post slug in WordPress?
You can do this is in many ways like:
- You can use WordPress global variable $post : <? php global $post; $post_slug=$post->post_name; ?>
- Or you can get use: $slug = get_post_field( ‘post_name’, get_post() );
- Or get full url and then use the PHP function parse_url :
21 нояб. 2015 г.
Why are my posts not showing up on WordPress?
Specify the page for posts in WordPress
The problem is most likely that you haven’t configured the Page for Posts setting in WordPress→Settings→Reading correctly: So the easiest solution is simply to specify your Posts page. If you haven’t an empty page at hand, just create a new one.
How do I make all my posts appear on one page in WordPress?
First you will need to create a custom page template and copy the styling from your page. php file. After that, you will use a loop below to display all posts in one page. $wpb_all_query = new WP_Query( array ( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’ , ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’ , ‘posts_per_page’ =>-1)); ?>
How do I show Grid posts in WordPress?
How to display your WordPress posts in a grid layout
- Navigate to Appearance -> Customize in your admin panel. Open the Blog page. You will see new tab Blog settings, open it.
- Then open tab Blog to manage the layout settings of blog page. Select Grid layout and number of columns.
- Save changes when you are done and check your Blog page.
14 мар. 2018 г.