Pages in WordPress can be standalone or hierarchical, which means a page can have its own sub-pages also known as child pages. In this article, we will show you how to easily create a child page in WordPress to better organize your pages.
Are WordPress pages parent?
A parent page is a top level page, with child pages nested under it. For example, you could have an “About” page as a top level or parent page, and then have child pages “Life Story” and “My Dogs” under it.
What are child pages?
A child page is a page that “lives” in hierarchy underneath another page (the parent). In the example below, both “Our Team” and “Company History” are child pages of “About”.
What are WordPress pages?
A page in WordPress usually refers to the page post type. It is one of the default pre-defined WordPress post types. … In the year 2005, Pages were introduced in WordPress version 1.5 to allow users to create static pages that were not part of their blog posts. For example, an about page, contact page, legal info, etc.
How do I show child pages in parent page WordPress?
How to show all child pages of a specific WordPress page
- Start by deciding which page will be the child page. …
- This will set the page you selected from the dropdown menu as the parent of the page you were editing. …
- You can also assign parent pages to already existing parent pages.
How do I create a child page in WordPress?
To create a subpage #
- Go to Administration > Pages > Add New screen.
- In the right menu, click the “Page Parent” drop-down menu. …
- Select the appropriate parent Page from the drop-down menu to make the current Page a child Page.
- Add content to the subpage.
- Click Publish when ready.
How do I organize pages in WordPress?
Creating Custom Menus
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.
- Add a name in the Menu Name field and click the “Save Menu” button.
- In the Pages panel, check boxes for pages you want to add to the menu. …
- Drag menu items up or down to reorder and to the right to make sub-menu items.
- Click on the “Save Menu” button when done.
What are WordPress child pages?
Child Page or Sub Page
Those websites which do not have many blog posts to publish can use pages to showcase information. But if there are too many pages then it will be difficult to manage. In this case, similar types of pages are kept under one main page. Those pages are called child page or subpage.
How do I find page attributes in WordPress?
- Go to Pages -> All Pages in your dashboard.
- Find the page About and click the title.
- Locate the Page Attributes metabox to the right of the editor.
- Put the number 1 in the box for Order. This tells WordPress to display this page first on your blog.
- Click the Update button.
Do WordPress pages or posts rank better?
WordPress Pages vs Posts, and SEO
The answer is very simple: NO, they do not. It is all content to them and the same indexing algorithm applies to both post types. However, there are other considerations that are related to the choice between pages and posts and eventually influence the site’s organic ranking.
How many pages can WordPress handle?
There is no limit to the number of posts or pages you can create in a free hosted WordPress.com blog. The support documentation is all found at the Support link http://en.support.wordpress.com which is also on the bottom of your Admin page. You can create a custom menu and add Pages and sub-pages to it.
Should I use posts or pages in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. If you want to write a normal blog post, you should use a post. … WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I edit a subpage in WordPress?
NOTE: the same edit could be done on an individual page under the Page Attributes box in the right column of the dashboard. Once all three pages are selected, click the Bulk Actions drop down above the list of pages. Select Edit from the drop down. Then click the Apply button beside the Edit drop down.