Now look at the meta boxes below the publish button on the right hand side of your screen. You should see a meta box called Page Attributes. Click on the drop down menu below Template and choose Archive as your page template. Save and Publish the page.
How do I create a custom page in WordPress?
Open your current theme folder and upload PageWithoutSidebar. php file there. Go to WordPress Admin Panel > Pages > Add New. You can see the new custom page template listed on the right side.
How do I customize archive Widgets in WordPress?
Unlike the built-in widget, you can easily add custom CSS code to customize the appearance. To do so, click “Settings” and select the “Annual Archive” option. Here you can add custom CSS in the text box the plugin provides. That will allow you to customize the appearance of the widget.
What is the use of archive page in WordPress?
Archive pages are generated to organize a list of posts under a specific post type, category, or tag. For example, a blog is a great illustration of the WordPress archive page. Archives are also available for the custom post type.
How do you create an archive?
Create a new archive
- Select Archive Manager ▸ New Archive.
- Name your new archive file and choose the location where it will be saved, then click Create to continue. …
- Add the desired files and folders to your archive by pressing + in the toolbar button. …
- Once you finish adding files, the archive is ready; you do not need to save it.
How do I create a custom template?
Start with a blank template
- Click the File tab, and then click New.
- Click Blank document, and then click Create.
- Make the changes that you want to the margin settings, page size and orientation, styles, and other formats. …
- Click the File tab, and then click Save As.
What are custom templates?
Custom templates are a page (or group of pages) you create yourself and then save as a template for reuse on your site. It’s an efficient way to set up pages that share common content, layout or sub-page hierarchy – for example, a module, staff profile or course description.
What is archive in WordPress theme?
When you are building a WordPress Theme, you have the option of adding a file named archive. php to your theme. … Now as a refresher, an archive page in WordPress is referring to a collection of posts grouped by category, author, date, tag, etc.
How do I create a custom post type archive page?
First thing you need to make sure is that your custom post type has archive enabled in the code. To do this, you need to go to your custom post type code (can be found in your theme’s functions. php file or site-specific plugin file). You need to make sure that you have has_archive argument set to be true.
How do I get my archive URL in WordPress?
Visit Appearance » Menus page and then click on the ‘Custom Link’ tab to expand it. Enter the URL of your custom post type archive page in the URL field and add the label you want to display in the link field. Next, click on the add to menu button, and you will notice the custom link appear in the right column.
How do I create an archive folder?
Method 1 of 2: Archive Folders in Windows
- Open the folder you want to archive. …
- Click “Organize” on the top menu bar then click Properties.
- Click “advanced.”
- Click “folder is ready for archiving.”
- Click “compress contents to save disk space.” (This step isn’t required to archive the folder, but it is advisable.)
What is the purpose of archiving?
The point of archiving is to give you a central location to store mails that you no longer need direct access to. It also ensures your inbox is kept clean and attachments and other files are kept safe.
How do archives work?
An archive is an accumulation of historical records – in any media – or the physical facility in which they are located. Archives contain primary source documents that have accumulated over the course of an individual or organization’s lifetime, and are kept to show the function of that person or organization.