If your theme doesn’t have the Portfolio feature active by default, you can turn it on by going to My Sites → Manage → Settings → Writing → Content Types and turning on the “Portfolio Projects” option. Choose the number of projects you’d like to display on portfolio pages.
How do I link my portfolio to a page in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to WordPress Admin > Portfolio > Add/Edit Project > POFO portfolio format settings. Step 2: Select Link option under Format in top – right section. Step 3: You can set external link using external link option. See below image for more information.
How do I show my portfolio on WordPress?
On the post editor screen, click on the Add Album button. Select the album you created earlier from the pop-up and then click on Insert Album button. That’s all you have successfully created your portfolio in WordPress. You can now view your portfolio page in action.
How do I change the permalink of a portfolio in WordPress?
How to change the URL for portfolio pages
- go to Appearance -> Customize -> Theme Options -> Portfolio.
- change the Portfolio slug option to your liking.
- save the customizer settings.
- go to Settings -> Permalinks and re-save the settings (for the new portfolio slug to take effect)
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
What is a portfolio page in WordPress?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
Is WordPress good for portfolios?
WordPress is the perfect solution for freelancers who are looking to showcase their work on a budget. It’s got everything you’ll need – power out of the box, and plenty of additional functionality through the myriad of available themes and plugins.
How do I use visual portfolio plugin?
Go to Admin Menu > Plugins > Add New. Enter “Visual Portfolio” as a keyword to find it in the list of available plugins. Click on the Install Now button.
- Getting Started. …
- Audio Portfolio Item.
- Portfolio Blocks. …
- Social Networks. …
- Saved Layouts and Shortcodes. …
- Why filter is not filtering items?
5 дек. 2020 г.
How do I make a portfolio?
How to create a portfolio with these easy tips
- Be thoughtful about what you include. Liz Designs Things. …
- Select only your strongest pieces. …
- Showcase your most unique and creative work. …
- Go for variety. …
- Decide on how many pieces to include. …
- Do you need a physical portfolio? …
- Go high-resolution. …
- Stay current.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
How do I change the URL of a category in WordPress?
To change your bases of tags and categories, go to your admin dashboard, and then go to Settings > Permalinks:
- Under the Optional section, change the existing bases by the ones you want and click Save Changes. …
- When you add a new category, enter a specific slug that defines your category.
2 окт. 2020 г.
How do I change the name of my WordPress portfolio?
Rename Portfolio prefix
- Theme Options > Portfolio Settings > Portfolio Page.
- On URL Rewrite Options section go to Custom portfolio item URL prefix area and write projects.
- Click Save All Changes.
5 янв. 2021 г.
Do WordPress pages or posts rank better?
WordPress Pages vs Posts, and SEO
The answer is very simple: NO, they do not. It is all content to them and the same indexing algorithm applies to both post types. However, there are other considerations that are related to the choice between pages and posts and eventually influence the site’s organic ranking.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
How do I create a photography portfolio in WordPress?
At the bottom of the page, you’ll see a section called Photography Portfolio with a button that lets you upload images to create a gallery. You can upload or select multiple images from your library and insert all of them at once, so there is no need to do it manually for each image.