When you get to the Widgets page, look on the right side for your ‘Right Sidebar’. You’ll see the ‘meta’ widget located there. Just click the little down arrow, which opens up that widget. You’ll see the word ‘Delete’ at the bottom; click that, and voila!
How do I remove the default meta description in WordPress?
1. Remove WordPress Meta Generator Tag using a plugin
- Install WP Hardening from the WordPress store.
- Activate it. …
- Navigate to the “Security Fixers” tab in the plugin and just flick the toggle key next to the option “Remove Meta Generator tag.”
- And you are done.
29 мар. 2020 г.
How do I remove meta and archive from WordPress?
In that case, you’ll want to go to WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets and remove the archives and meta widgets.
How do I remove the menu button in WordPress?
Step 1: Navigate to Appearance -> Menu. Step 2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the menu item you wish to delete. Step 3: Click Remove to delete the menu item. Step 4: When you are finished, click Save Menu.
How do I change Meta Widget in WordPress?
Step 1: Use File Manager plugin to edit wordpress files online.
- Step 2: Open default-widgets.php in /wp-includes/ folder. You may find the postion of meta widget. require_once( ABSPATH . …
- Step 3: Open class-wp-widget-meta.php in /wp-includes/widgets/ folder. You may find a code like:
10 июл. 2019 г.
How do I remove duplicate meta descriptions in WordPress?
There is an option under Tiles & Metas > Sitewide meta settings > Subpages of archives to noindex paginated pages. So you can use this option to noindex subpages of archives to remove duplicate Meta descriptions of paginated pages.
How do I change the meta description on my website?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I remove meta from WordPress?
Go to admin panel => open item “Plugins” => activate Hide/Remove Metadata. Go to Hide/Remove Metadata from Dashboard menu.
How do I remove the Sidebar in WordPress?
How to Remove Sidebar in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets on the left side of your dashboard.
- Find the Sidebar area.
- Expand the widget section by clicking the down arrow.
- Then, click Delete.
- Repeat these steps until you’ve deleted all the widgets under the Sidebar area.
11 сент. 2019 г.
How do I remove the archive from WordPress titles?
In our wordpress dashboard, i went to Yoast SEO > Search Appearance > Taxonomies and removed ‘Archives’ from Categories, Tags, Product Categories and Product Tags. And I cleared the cache.
How do I hide the menu bar in WordPress?
Option 1: Using the WordPress Menu
Go to Appearance -> Menus which lets you create menus with whatever you want on your navigation menu. You can remove any page that you do not want on your navigation.
How do I hide main menu in WordPress?
1. To hide it throughout your site, go to Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation and set the position to “Hide”.
What is Meta Widget on WordPress?
The META widget gives you links to login to your blog (logout if you are logged in), your admin, your comments and posts feeds and a link to wordpress.com.
What does Meta mean in WordPress?
For example, think about a document on your computer. Any information about that document, like who created it and when, would be considered metadata for that document. In WordPress, metadata is information about your posts, pages, users, comments, and other items on your site.
What is the meta section in WordPress?
The meta widget is a handy list of default links for showing on a default site. The main reason for it is that it contains a link to login to the site, because some new users don’t know how to do that without a link. You can remove it if you like. It is not an important thing to have.