Whether it’s a page or a post you want to make private, you can do so from within WordPress Editor. Simply look for the Visibility feature under the Publish section in the right sidebar, click Edit. choose Password protected or Private.
How do I make my entire WordPress site private?
Private WordPress Site
- Click on Plugins, then go to Add New. Find the My Private Site plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to Settings -> Private Site.
- Tick the Private Site option under the Make Private Site section.
- Press Save Changes and you’re done!
13 авг. 2019 г.
How do I hide my WordPress site from public?
Go to your blog’s dashboard. Select Settings. From there, select Privacy. You’ll see three options: Public, Hidden, and Private.
Can you Unlaunch a WordPress site?
WordPress doesn’t have such functionality, in general WordPress sites are live as soon as they’re installed, but your hosting provider may have provided that. … The topic ‘How to “unlaunch” site? ‘ is closed to new replies.
How do I temporarily disable my WordPress site?
How to Temporarily Disable Your WordPress With the Plugin. Start by installing and Activating the free Disable Site WordPress plugin. After that, locate the Disable Site tab in your dashboard menu and click on it. This brings you to the only settings page from Disable Site.
Can I make my website private?
Click “Privacy” under the Settings tab on the left side of the dashboard. Check the option “I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose,” and click “Save Changes.” Click “Publish” to publish your website.
What is private visibility on WordPress?
Private – The post will be visible only to blog Editors and Administrators. Private posts are not visible in the Reader, feeds, or in any search. It is also not sent via email to your followers. Password Protected – The post will be protected with a password you choose.
Are WordPress sites down?
Is WordPress.com’s server down? … We’re not perfect and we do occasionally experience problems, but our network is designed so that sites continue working even when servers or parts of the network fail. Outages are rare and brief. If you’re curious, you can always check on our current performance and availability status.
How do I disable my website?
Here are the key steps we recommend for shutting down your website.
- Give notification. …
- Turn off your website in the right order. …
- Terminate 3rd party services. …
- Backup your website. …
- Delete all files from your server. …
- Terminate message. …
- Terminate the hosting account. …
- Deal with your domain name.
How do I unpublish my WordPress site 2019?
To begin with unpublishing your WordPress site, log into your hosting account on WordPress.com. On the admin page, scroll down. Locate the ‘Settings’ button and click it to access the page with settings. Find ‘Delete your site permanently’ at the bottom of the Settings page and click the button to launch the process.
How do I password protect a WordPress site?
To get started:
- Open the WordPress editor for the piece of content that you want to add password protection to.
- Find the Visibility option in the sidebar on the right-hand side.
- Click on it.
- Select Password Protected and enter the password that you want to use to unlock the post.
1 янв. 2021 г.