Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field. Go ahead and enter a description into your Meta Description field.
How do I add a meta title in WordPress?
- Once you’ve installed and activated Yoast SEO from the Plugins menu, navigate to Posts -> All Posts.
- Click the post where you want to add the meta title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO meta box under your post editor, and hit the Edit Snippet button.
- Inside the SEO title field, type in the meta title.
Where does meta title appear?
The meta title refers to the title of a HTML document that is displayed both in Search Engine result snippets as well as the page’s tab in browsers. Alternative descriptions include “title tag” or “page title”. Adding a title to the page’s HTML is done so within the <head> of the document, using the <title> tag.
How do I add meta title and description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do you add meta title?
Length: Title tags should be 50-60 characters long, including spaces. Keyword placement: Your most important keywords need to be first in your title tag, with your least important words coming last. Brand name: If your company name is not part of the important keyword phrases, put it at the end of the title tag.
What’s an SEO title?
This is the HTML title tag, which we also call the page title or SEO title. When you look something up in a search engine, you get a list of results that appear as snippets. The SEO title is part of the snippet together with, at least, a URL and a meta description.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
What is a good meta title?
Furthermore, your meta title should give users a brief, concise and comprehensible impression of what the page is about and why it is relevant for them. Terms that don’t provide any information on the page content, such as “Welcome” or “Home”, should be avoided.
What is the difference between Meta title and page title?
The <title> tag will actually display the page name at the top of the page. The <meta> tag, while used for crawling, could be omitted and the page still should crawl over the <title> tag.
What is meta tag example?
What are Meta Tags? Meta tags provide information about the webpage in the HTML of the document. This information is called “metadata” and while it is not displayed on the page itself, it can be read by search engines and web crawlers. … Example of meta tags include the <title> and <description> elements.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
Where do I find meta description?
Meta descriptions will appear below the page title and URL in the search results.
How do I add META tags to my website?
To add meta tags in a web page, you need to edit the <head> section of the HTML file. There are two methods you can use to edit HTML files: If the file already exists on your website, you can download it using an FTP client and then edit it using your preferred text editor.
How do I optimize meta description?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.
What is the length of Meta Title?
Meta descriptions can be any length, but Google generally truncates snippets to ~155–160 characters. It’s best to keep meta descriptions long enough that they’re sufficiently descriptive, so we recommend descriptions between 50–160 characters.
Are meta tags still used?
Meta-keywords are dead. Do not use them. The keywords meta tag was really designed in 1995 for very archaic old search engines and some could argue that the rise of Google was actually because of older search engines relying too much on this tag.