How do I add a portfolio to my WordPress site?
On the post editor screen, click on the Add Album button. Select the album you created earlier from the pop-up and then click on Insert Album button. That’s all you have successfully created your portfolio in WordPress. You can now view your portfolio page in action.
How do I add a portfolio to a menu in WordPress?
Under the Header drop-down menu, select the menu you want (usually Primary). Here you have a list of the pages in your menu. Click the + Add Items (It can be a page, or a category). Next, drag the new item you want to be a sub menu to the right, so it is indented underneath your Portfolio tab.
What is the difference between a gallery and a portfolio in WordPress?
Portfolios can be collection of anything like Projects, Case Studies, Movies, Books, Recipes etc which can have titles, categories & other attributes and can have individual pages for each item. Galleries on the other hand is just a single collection of IMAGES.
Should I use WordPress for my portfolio?
In almost all instances, the platform of choice for portfolio websites is WordPress. There are two very compelling reasons for choosing WordPress. … Using WordPress, people with no expertise and experience of website development could create snazzy WordPress portfolio website without much trouble!
What is a portfolio item in WordPress?
If you’re hoping to use your WordPress.com site to show off your portfolio separate from your blog posts and pages, the Portfolio content type will let you manage all your portfolio projects in one place. It also gives you a number of different ways to display them on your site.
How do I show portfolio categories in WordPress?
Displaying Portfolios in the menu by Project Category with SpicePress
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu.
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category check box.
- Activate the Project category check box by clicking on the box.
How do I change portfolio categories in WordPress?
- Log into WordPress administration panel and go to Portfolio section.
- Choose Categories out of a dropdown menu list.
- Fill in all necessary fields like category name and slug.
- Press Add New Category option and a new category will appear in the list on the right:
Do WordPress pages or posts rank better?
WordPress Pages vs Posts, and SEO
The answer is very simple: NO, they do not. It is all content to them and the same indexing algorithm applies to both post types. However, there are other considerations that are related to the choice between pages and posts and eventually influence the site’s organic ranking.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.
What is a portfolio page?
A portfolio site is an extension of a freelancer’s (or company’s) résumé. It provides a convenient way for potential clients to view your work while also allowing you to expand on your skills and services. … You should decide what you want to accomplish with your website before adding content to it.
How do I add images to my WordPress portfolio?
Step by step
- In Portfolio settings choose Gallery for Show portfolio item as.
- Click Set featured image or if you have it already Remove featured image.
- Click on Upload files. …
- Choose from your computer all images (with SHIFT button) you want to display in gallery and click Open.
30 сент. 2014 г.
How do I create a custom post type Portfolio in WordPress?
The first thing you need to do is install and activate the Custom Post Type UI plugin. Upon activation, the plugin will add a new menu item in your WordPress admin menu called CPT UI. Now go to CPT UI » Add New to create a new custom post type. First, you need to provide a slug for your custom post type.
How do I make a portfolio?
How to create a portfolio with these easy tips
- Be thoughtful about what you include. Liz Designs Things. …
- Select only your strongest pieces. …
- Showcase your most unique and creative work. …
- Go for variety. …
- Decide on how many pieces to include. …
- Do you need a physical portfolio? …
- Go high-resolution. …
- Stay current.