To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I add a category to my WordPress blog?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I add categories to a WordPress menu?
Add product categories to your menu
- on the menus page (appearance -> menus ) go to the top and click to display screen options.
- then tick Product Categories (they will appear with the other menu items)
- add the categories that you want to the menu.
- finally save the menu and your done.
2 июн. 2015 г.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
What are categories on WordPress?
What are categories in WordPress? In short, categories are the most general method of grouping content on a WordPress site. A category symbolizes a topic or a group of topics that are connected to one another in some way. Sometimes, a post can belong to many categories at the same time.
How do I manage categories in WordPress?
If you want to edit the categories we’ve just created go to Posts > Categories and you’ll see a list of all the categories (from this page you can also add a new one, even including a description for more detail). Here you can change its: name. slug.
How do you add a sidebar in WordPress?
How to create a custom WordPress sidebar (in 2 steps)
- Step 1: Create your first custom WordPress sidebar. Once the plugin is up and running, you’ll find an option that reads Create a new sidebar under Appearance > Widgets on your dashboard. …
- Step 2: Specify the location for your new sidebar.
8 июн. 2020 г.
How do I add a drop down menu in WordPress?
How to create a WordPress dropdown menu with core functionality
- Step 1: Create a menu (if needed) If you don’t already have a menu, enter a name in the Menu Name box and then click the Create Menu button. …
- Step 2: Add links to menu. …
- Step 3: Arrange menu items using drag and drop. …
- Step 4: Choose menu location.
How do I add to the top menu bar in WordPress?
Adding WordPress Menus in Sidebars and Footers
Simply go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Navigation Menu’ widget to your sidebar. Next, add a title for the widget and choose the correct menu from the ‘Select Menu’ drop down list.
How do I add a mega menu in WordPress?
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New, then search WP Mega Menu and click Install Now.
- Upload ‘wp-megamenu’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on the new menu item “WP Mega Menu” and setup your settings.
How do I change product categories in WordPress?
In the self-hosted version of WordPress:
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Find the category name you wish to change and click Edit.
- Change the category name.
- Change the category Slug, the permalink “nice” name for the category.
- Add or change the category description.
- Click Update.
13 сент. 2012 г.
What is Category example?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. … An example of category is food that is made from grains.
Can you add categories to pages in WordPress?
By default both categories and tags are only limited to posts, so when you create a new page in WordPress, you will notice that there is no option to add categories or tags to your WordPress page. Recently one of our readers asked us if there was a way to have categories and tags work with both post and pages.
How do I find parent category in WordPress?
Adding a Child Category (Sub Category) in WordPress
Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories. Just type in the name for your child category and select the parent category from the dropdown menu.