Simply go to Theme oPtions> Home Layout, and make sure that “Page Content” is enabled. Then navigate to the edit screen for your home page, and add the text. where you’ve placed Page Content in home layout is where you will see the text.
How do I edit text on WordPress homepage?
To edit any part of the homepage, simply click the blue pencil icon next to it. Here, we’re editing the image, text, and button at the top of the homepage. Note: As soon as you make edits, they’ll be shown in the preview of your site. Those changes won’t be live on your site until you publish them.
How do I customize my WordPress homepage?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I add a text box in WordPress?
Adding an Input Box to a Post
Log in to your WordPress administration dashboard. Click “Posts” or “Pages,” depending on where you want to add the input box. Then either click the title of the relevant post or “Add New.”
How do I edit my homepage?
Choose your homepage
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Appearance,” turn on Show Home button.
- Below “Show Home button,” choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page.
How do I put text over an image in WordPress?
Simply click on the Add Media button above the post editor to upload an image or select one from the media library. Once the image is uploaded you can enter meta data like title, alt text, and a caption of your image. Click on the ‘Insert into post’ button to add the image to your post or page.
How do I make a banner in WordPress?
How to add a banner to your WordPress site
- Click on Plugins, then Add New (for step-by step details see How to add a plugin to your WordPress site)
- Search for the Plugin named Simple Banner.
- Click Activate the Simple Banner Plugin from the Plugins page.
- Click Simple Banner in your sidebar to create a new banner.
- Save your changes.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I change the layout of my WordPress theme?
To do that, go to Appearance » Themes from the left sidebar of the WordPress admin panel. On this page, you need to hover the mouse cursor over the theme you want to use and then click on the Activate button to change the WordPress theme. Now you can visit the homepage of your website to see the new theme in action.
How do I make a website a homepage?
Build A Killer Homepage – 10 Dos & Don’ts
- Keep your layout clean and easy to navigate. Keeping your homepage’s layout clean and clutter-free is essential. …
- Add high resolution images. …
- Ensure Color scheme and Background work well together. …
- Optimize your buttons. …
- Update content frequently.
16 янв. 2014 г.
How do I add a color box in WordPress?
Add Colored Content Boxes To Your WordPress Theme Using CSS3
- Copy and paste all the CSS from the Gist labelled style. css near the end of your child themes style. css file before the start of the Media Queries.
- Paste the HTML from the Gist labelled content-box. HTML into your editor or text widget.
How do I add a feature box to my WordPress icon?
Start editing the page where you want the icons to appear with the Advanced WP Columns button. Select the number of columns you want on the page, then add some text to help you see where each column is and hit the add columns button. You would want to then hit add icon, select the icon, and click the insert button.