To do that, go to Settings » Discussion from the left sidebar of your WordPress admin panel. On this page, you need to uncheck the option that says “Allow people to post comments on new articles” and then click on the Save Changes button to store your settings. This will disable comments on all your future posts.
How do I turn off comments on posts?
You can enable/disable comments using Quick Edit by:
- Go to Posts > All Posts (or Pages > All Pages)
- Locate the post or page you want to enable/disable comments on.
- Hover over it’s title to bring up the action menu and click on Quick Edit.
- Check or uncheck ‘Allow Comments’ then click on Update.
How do I stop spam comments on WordPress?
To stop comment spam on your WordPress site, you can:
- Reduce the number of links allowed per post.
- Create a list of ‘blacklisted’ words.
- Set up a comment moderation system.
- Restrict comment privileges to registered users.
- Use an anti-spam plugin, such as Akismet.
- Move to a third-party comments plugin.
8 июн. 2020 г.
How do I restrict comments?
Within the Settings menu, you’ll see a section for Comments. Tap on that to go into a more detailed Comment menu. You can set your account up to allow comments for Everyone, or limit things to just People You Follow and Your Followers, People You Follow, or Your Followers.
How do I manage comments on WordPress?
Simply go to Posts » All Posts and click on the Edit link below the post you want to open. On the post editor screen scroll down to the bottom, and you will see all comments made for the post. You can edit, delete, reply and moderate comments directly from here.
How do I disable comments on a specific Facebook post?
Unfortunately, the functionality to disable comments on your posts is not currently available. Anyone included in the privacy setting of your post will be able to view, like, and comment on your post.
How can I control who can comment on my posts?
To change who can comment on your public posts:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Public Posts on the left.
- Go to Who Can Follow Me and make sure Public is selected.
- Click Edit next to Public Post Comments.
- Select who is allowed to comment on your public posts:
What is the best anti spam plugin for WordPress?
Top WordPress Anti-Spam Plugins
- Akismet. One of the most popular anti-spam plugins on WordPress is Akismet. …
- Anti-Spam Bee. When it comes to addressing reliability and effectiveness, Antispam Bee is a one-stop solution for unwanted spam comments. …
- WangGuard. …
- WordPress Zero Spam. …
- WP-SpamShield Anti-Spam. …
- Anti-Spam By CleanTalk.
15 янв. 2020 г.
How do I delete thousands of comments in WordPress?
You can choose to delete all WordPress comments, pending comments, spam comments, or comments already in trash. If you want to delete all WordPress comments, then select ‘All Comments’ option and then click on the Delete Now button. The plugin will now permanently delete all comments from your WordPress site.
How do you stop spam on websites?
6 Ways to Stop Form Spam
- Use Contact Forms (Not Email Addresses) Listen, I get it. …
- Use Google reCAPTCHA. You may not know this, but a few years back, Google officially killed CAPTCHA. …
- Use the Honeypot Method. …
- Ask a Question. …
- Disallow Links. …
- Install the Akismet WordPress Anti-Spam Plugin.
28 июл. 2019 г.
What happens when you restrict a comment?
Once Restrict is enabled, comments on your posts from a person you have restricted will only be visible to that person. … In other words, you can shut down any commentor you chose, without that person knowing, which means they can go on thinking they’re reaching you, and your followers, but they won’t be.
Why do celebrities limit comments?
It just means that the user has limited their comments to a group of people. … If the user is a well-known celebrity or a public figure, they might limit their comments to prevent spam. Next, the user might want to reduce the number of negative comments. Naturally, the more popular someone is, the more hate they’ll get.
What happens when you restrict a comment on Instagram?
The “Restrict” option gives users more control over what comments their followers see on each of their posts. Instagram users can now “restrict” any chosen individual, which gives a few, immediate perks. If a user chooses to restrict any individual, all of their future comments will be invisible to the public.
How do I automatically approve comments in WordPress?
Step 1 – Login to the WordPress admin panel, click ‘Settings’ in the left-hand menu and click ‘Discussion’ in the sub-menu. Now WordPress will automatically approve all comments made on your website or blog.
How do I enable comments on WordPress?
- Go to My Site → Site → Posts or Pages and select the post or page you want to enable (or disable) comments on.
- In the Document sidebar, find and open the Discussion tab.
- Select Allow Comments to enable comments, or deselect the option in order to disable comments.
How do I bulk delete comments in WordPress?
From your WordPress admin dashboard, navigate to the WP Bulk Delete -> Delete Comments section. Check the filters that you want to use. If you use the free version, you can filter the comments based on their status and publication date. Then, click Delete Comments.