Can you add categories to pages in WordPress?
By default both categories and tags are only limited to posts, so when you create a new page in WordPress, you will notice that there is no option to add categories or tags to your WordPress page. Recently one of our readers asked us if there was a way to have categories and tags work with both post and pages.
How do I organize pages in WordPress?
Creating Custom Menus
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.
- Add a name in the Menu Name field and click the “Save Menu” button.
- In the Pages panel, check boxes for pages you want to add to the menu. …
- Drag menu items up or down to reorder and to the right to make sub-menu items.
- Click on the “Save Menu” button when done.
How do I style a category page in WordPress?
How to Style Categories in WordPress
- The first thing you need to do is search for the categories. php file. …
- A popup window will appear asking you to click on the “Edit” button. Do it. …
- You should now see the file you created appear. …
- Congratulations, you now know how to create a template for each category.
How do I post on different pages in WordPress?
You can create Category pages for your Topics/Posts to appear on within Posts > Categories. After creating those Categories, you can then assign those Topics/Posts to them within edit Post/Topic. You can also add the Categories to the Menu in Appearance > Menus.
How do I create a tag page in WordPress?
3. Create Your Own Tag Page
- Step 1 – Create a new Page template and name it something appropriate like tag-page. …
- Step 2 – Make it a template by giving it a template name like “Tag Page.” Do this by putting the following at the TOP of your file:
- Step 3 – Copy your default page.
22 авг. 2012 г.
How do I reorder pages in WordPress menu?
From your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages . Click Quick Edit and change the Order parameter on all of the pages to reflect the order you want. Go to APPEARANCE and then MENUS and int that area it allows you to drop and drag items to reorder the menu bar and the menu which appears on a smart phone.
How do I create an alphabetized list in WordPress?
Let’s get started!
- Step 1: Decide what content you want to index. …
- Step 2: Create custom post type using Pods. …
- Step 3: Create a custom taxonomy. …
- Step 4: Add content using the custom taxonomy. …
- Step 5: Generate Posts Table Pro shortcode. …
- Step 6: Create tabs using Shortcodes Ultimate plugin and insert shortcode.
How do I move items in WordPress?
Hover your mouse pointer over the title bar of the module you want to move. Click and drag the module to the spot you’d like to move it and release the mouse button.
What is a category page in WordPress?
WordPress category pages are the pages that list all the posts on your blog from a particular category. … However, depending on your chosen WordPress theme, these category pages don’t often include any original or useful information about the posts they contain.
How do I create a category template in WordPress?
How to Make a Category Template in 4 Steps
- Step 1: Copy Your Category. php File. …
- Step 2: Create a New Category Template File. Create a new category template file and name it something descriptive. …
- Step 3: Paste Contents from Original Category File. …
- Step 4: Edit Your New Category Template.
25 апр. 2013 г.
Can I have 2 blog pages in WordPress?
You can create a static front page, and then a separate page for all your published posts. You can do that and the first step is to create two pages and then designate them appropriately. (1) All posts on the front page which is also called the home page and is the URL of the site by default.
What is difference between Post and Page in WordPress?
Here’s the big difference between WordPress posts and pages: WordPress posts have an official publish date and are displayed by date on your site’s blog page. … WordPress posts are for timely blog posts and have a publish date. WordPress pages are for timeless static content and don’t have a publish date.