How do I change the description and title in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I change my site title and tagline in WordPress?
Log into the WordPress Dashboard. Depending on your theme, navigate to Appearance>Customize or Customize in the left sidebar. Click on Site Identity or Site Title and Tagline in the Customizer. Once in the Site Identity options, you can change the title and tagline, upload a logo, and set a site icon (or favicon).
How do I add meta description to my website?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description. …
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential. …
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
How do I change the title tag on my website?
Changing the Title Tag in your Website’s Control Panel
You would edit your title tags through the control panel you use for creating and editing website pages. Look for the section in which you can change meta tags; for more information, refer to your CMS provider’s support.
Where is the title tag in WordPress?
First you need to click on the “Edit snippet” button, which will open up some input fields. The first one you will see will say “SEO title” – this is the one you want to edit if you want a custom title tag in WordPress. By default you will see it has: Title, Page, Separator and Site title written in there.
How do I find the meta tags on a website?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
How do I change metadata in WordPress?
First, you need to visit the Posts » Categories page. Take your mouse over to the category you want to edit and then click on the ‘Edit’ link. Scroll down on the category’s page to the AIOSEO Settings box. Here, you just need to enter a meta description for your category.
Where do I edit meta tags in WordPress?
Setup meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
- Fill in your SEO title and Meta description fields with information about your page.
What is a website tag line?
What is a Tagline? Taglines are 8-12 word phrases that explain the key benefits of your company. They can be set up as part of your logo, in photo captions, questions, bullet items or other small blocks of text on the site.
How do I change the site title in WordPress?
Change WordPress site title from Appearance
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearance on your left sidebar and click on Customize.
- Go to Site Identity, change or edit your title.
- Click Publish or Save Changes (depending what Theme you use).
22 нояб. 2018 г.
What is the site title in WordPress?
What is a WordPress site title and where does it appear on the website? The title represents the name of the WordPress site/blog/online shop. Together with the tagline, the site title has the role to define site identity through text.
What is an SEO description?
What is An SEO Meta Description? A meta description is a blurb of text that provides a brief description of a webpage. This text appears as a meta tag in a page’s HTML code. The HTML version of the text looks like this. Text from SEO meta descriptions also appears on search engine results pages (SERPs).
How do you write a good meta description?
Characteristics of a good meta description
- Keep it up to 155 characters. …
- Use active voice and make it actionable. …
- Include a call-to-action. …
- Use your focus keyword. …
- Show specifications, where possible. …
- Make sure it matches the content of the page. …
- Make it unique.
21 дек. 2020 г.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.