When you’re editing a post, open up the Categories tab and type in the name for your child category. Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories.
How do I add a category and subcategory to my WordPress URL?
To show WordPress permalinks as category/subcategory/post go to Settings > Permalinks. Choose ‘Custom Structure’ and add /%category%/%postname%/ to the field. Now if you add one category and one subcategory, WordPress will show both of them in the permalink.
Is WordPress a sub category?
Sub-categories use the regular category archive page by default. There is no function such as is_subcategory. … Here is an example: This will check if the current page is a sub-category. Or if you pass an ID it will check if the ID is a subcategory.
How do I add a sub menu in WordPress?
Create Sub Menu Items
- Select pages that you want to use as sub menu item and add them to the menu area. …
- You will see that they are added to the Menu Structure on the right.
- WordPress menu system supports drag and drop. …
- Click on Save Menu to save your setup.
12 дек. 2020 г.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I find the category URL in WordPress?
To fetch the category link, you’ll have to first fetch the category ID. You can do this with the help of get_cat_ID function() function. $category_id = get_cat_ID( ‘Category Name’ ); Here you can get the ID of any category by specifying the name of the category, in place of ‘Category Name’.
How do I link a page to a category in WordPress?
The accurate answer to your question is “you can’t link a Page to a Category”. Pages http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/ that we bloggers create are stataic. they do not automatically update with new content.. Only dynamic pages automatically created by the software when we publish a post ie.
How do I create a custom URL in WordPress?
Go to Posts » Categories page and click on the edit link below the category that you want to change. On the category details page, you’ll find the option to create a custom permalink for that particular category. You can even create a URL without the category base prefix.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
How do I categorize WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I export categories in WordPress?
- Log in to your WordPress account, click the “Tools” link on the Dashboard and then click the “Export” option in the drop-down list. …
- Click the “Posts” button to choose the option that includes your blog’s categories in the export.
How do I find parent category in WordPress?
When you use the_category() template function in your WordPress theme, it displays both the parent category and any child/subcategories under it.
How do I show category list in WordPress?
get_categories() retrieve list of category objects. Currently accepts only one parameter – $args . The $args parameter specifies a list of arguments that should be used to retrieve categories. See get_terms() for additional options.