To add a featured image in a WordPress post, simply edit or create a new blog post. In the content editor, you’ll find the featured image tab in the right column. You need to click on the ‘Set Featured Image’ area, and this will bring up the WordPress media uploader popup.
How do I link a featured image in WordPress?
Link WordPress Featured Images to Your Posts
php file inside your WordPress theme. To get there click on Appearance > Editor, and then click on the Theme Functions, (functions. php) file. That function will take you to the following screen, where you will click on the Theme Functions, (functions.
Why is my featured image not showing up in WordPress?
If the Featured Image option is not visible, then you can click on Screen Options at the top, and check the box for “Featured Image.” Next, you can simply click on the Set Featured Image link in the Featured Image widget. The Media Library window will pop up for you to choose your post thumbnail.
How do I add a featured post on WordPress?
Adding Featured Posts to WordPress Using Gutenberg
- Step 1: Add a New Block. First, head to the page you want to display your featured posts on. …
- Step 2: Add the List Block & Select the Blog Post You Want to Feature. …
- Step 3: Make Your Blocks Reusable (Optional)
23 окт. 2020 г.
How do I add a custom link to a gallery in WordPress?
Simply go to a post or page and create a new gallery. You will see the custom link meta fields for individual images in gallery. You can link an image in the gallery to any post, page, or even an external website. You can also choose whether you would like the link to open in the same or a new window.
How do I fix the featured image size in WordPress?
To change the default images sizes in WordPress:
- From the WordPress dashboard, select Settings > Media.
- In the number fields next to Thumbnail size, input the desired dimensions for your featured images. (WordPress uses the terms “thumbnail” and “featured image” interchangeably.)
- Click Save Changes.
14 июл. 2020 г.
How do I hide featured images in WordPress?
Simply edit the post where you want to hide the featured image. On the post edit screen, scroll down a little, and you will find the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image’ metabox. You need to check the box next to ‘Hide Featured Image’ option. You can now save your post and preview it to see the plugin in action.
What size should a featured image be in WordPress?
The most ideal WordPress featured image size is 1200 x 628 pixels and these dimensions generally satisfy most WP blog themes. Different blogs (and more specifically, different themes) may have featured images with different sizes.
What is a featured post in WordPress?
Featured Content lets you choose specific posts to highlight in a special way. In some themes, you can include pages or portfolio projects in a Featured Content area, alongside posts.
What is a featured post?
Featured posts are some of the can’t miss posts in a community – questions or responses that are thought-provoking and spark the curiosity of other members of the community. … After that, the featured posts are sent in a weekly digest email called the Curious Reader Digest.
What is featured content?
Featured Content allows users to spotlight their posts and have them uniquely displayed by a theme. The content is intended to be displayed on a blog’s front page; by using the feature consistently in this manner, users are given a reliable Featured Content experience on which they can rely even when switching themes.
How do I make an image a clickable link?
How to Make an Image a Clickable Link
- Click on the Image icon in the editor toolbar.
- Now click on the Browse Server button.
- The Media Library should appear in a new window. Select your image from the folders, and double click on it.
- Now back at the Image Properties window click on the Link Tab.
- Enter the URL address that you want the image to link to.
How do I add a hyperlink to an image?
To add a hyperlink to an image, click on the image, then click the link option on the top toolbar. Insert your hyperlink.
How do I embed a link into an image?
Make an Image a Link
- Use the Insert menu and Image to add your image to the page.
- Select (or click) the image and you will see the Image Option dialogue box appear: use the Change link.
- Either choose the page you wish to link to or go to the Web address tab and add the URL you want to link to.