You can change it to show the child categories (subcategories) beneath their parent categories, if you want. Simply check the ‘Show hierarchy’ box in the widget like this. Don’t forget to click the Save button. On your site, you should now see your parent categories with the child categories nested beneath them.
How do I show all the categories on a WordPress page?
Step 1: Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts > Categories. Be sure you have all of the categories created that you’d like included on your new page. Step 2: Hover your mouse over one of the category titles you want to include and look at the bottom of your screen.
How do I add subcategories in WordPress?
On the post edit screen, scroll down to the categories meta box and click on Add New Category link. This will show you text field for adding new category name and a dropdown menu to select the parent category. You also add new sub-category by visiting Pages » Categories page.
How do I show subcategories in WooCommerce?
Follow these steps:
- Click on Appearance > Customize.
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Catalog.
- Select “show subcategories” from Category Display.
- Click on Save Changes.
What are categories and subcategories?
As nouns the difference between subcategory and category
is that subcategory is with respect to a given category, a more narrow category while category is a group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
What is a parent category in WordPress?
A child category is used for a sub-topic under a broader topic. For example, a news website may have a category News with child categories for Local, National, and Global news. To create a child category, go to the Posts » Categories screen and select a parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I add tags in WordPress?
To add tags to a new post, go to your blog’s admin area > Posts > Add New. When you write your new post, add a tag to it by typing the tag word in the Tags field on the right and click on Add. You can add as many tags as you want.
How do I show products on WooCommerce page?
Standard Functions for WooCommerce Product Displays
- the_title() – Displays the name of the product.
- the_excerpt() – Displays a brief description of the product.
- the_content() – Displays the full description of the product.
- the_permalink() – Displays the URL of the product.
- the_ID() – Displays the product’s ID.
7 авг. 2015 г.
How do I show latest products in WooCommerce?
Here’s what you need to do: Go to Pages → Add New from the WordPress admin panel and give your page a title. For example, it could be something like New Arrivals. We’ve used the Storefront WordPress theme for this tutorial although WooCommerce Product Table works with most WooCommerce-compatible themes.
How do I arrange categories in WooCommerce?
How to change the order of product category in WooCommerce
- Go to Product Catalogues and navigate Categories tag.
- At Bulk Action, drag and drop the categories to the order you prefer.
2 сент. 2019 г.
What is a category?
1 : any of several fundamental and distinct classes to which entities or concepts belong Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. 2 : a division within a system of classification She competed for the award in her age category. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about category.
How do I organize categories in WordPress?
WordPress – Arrange Categories
- Step (1) − Click on Posts → Category Order in WordPress. …
- Step (2) − In the following screen, you can see that the create categories section are not in order.
- Step (3) − Now, you can rearrange your categories by just dragging the categories as per your choice.
How do I categorize WordPress?
Assigning Posts to Categories
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.