Once on the content editor screen, scroll down to the ‘AIOSEO Settings’ box below the content area. You will see your site’s title and an automatically generated description as the snippet. Below that, you’ll see the Meta Description field. Go ahead and enter a description into your Meta Description field.
How do I change my WordPress site description?
You can view and change your Tagline and meta description using WordPress’ Settings utility.
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “Settings” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “General” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “Tagline.”
How do I find my website description?
If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.” A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.
How do I change the description and title in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin. …
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
21 февр. 2019 г.
How do I change the meta description in WordPress without Plugin?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
21 сент. 2020 г.
How many tables a default WordPress will have?
There are 12 default database tables in WordPress database as given below: wp_options. wp_users.
Where do I write meta description?
The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results. This is also known as a snippet.
What is a website meta description?
A meta description (sometimes called a meta description attribute or tag) is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for the benefit of users and search engines. … Why meta descriptions are important to you and to your SEO rankings.
How do I find the metadata of a website?
In Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Opera, right click anywhere on the page and select View Source or simply Source. You will be presented with a window full of code, which you’ll need to search for the ID. Do this with Edit > Find or the Windows shortcut CTRL-F (Command ⌘ + F on Mac).
How do you find keywords in view page source?
View Page Source to Find Competitors’ Keywords
In Google Chrome, you simply click the tools bar (the three lines in the top right-hand corner) then select Tools > Developer Tools. This will display the Source Code in a window underneath the website itself.
What is a title tag in WordPress?
The title tag is an HTML element consisting of the web page’s title. This is not the same as the header that appears for the page content. Rather, this element is what shows up as the title in search engine results. Searchers then click this title to get to the page.
What is meta description in WordPress?
Why Add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress? … A meta description is a brief description of what your page or post is about. It’s your meta title, description, and keywords that shows up in Google search results: Meta keywords and meta description are HTML meta tags. They form part of your website’s header code.
How do I write meta keywords?
Guidelines for Using Meta Keywords Tags:
- Keep your list of keywords or keyword phrases down to ten or fifteen unique keywords or phrases.
- Separate the words or phrases using a comma.
- Do not repeat the words or phrases which you use.
- Place your most important words or phrases at the beginning of your list.
How do I add META tags to my website?
To add meta tags in a web page, you need to edit the <head> section of the HTML file. There are two methods you can use to edit HTML files: If the file already exists on your website, you can download it using an FTP client and then edit it using your preferred text editor.
What is WordPress seo plugin?
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to optimize your WordPress website for search engines. It lets you easily add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages on your website. You can also use it to add Open Graph metadata and social media images to your articles.
How do I add keywords to my website?
9 Places to Insert Keywords on Your Website
- In your header. Title tags. Title tags are the first places that the search engines will scan, and they are what appear as the actual link on the search engine results page. …
- In your content. Headers and Sub-headers. …
- Bonus places. Breadcrumbs.
16 апр. 2015 г.